Classy is looking for a full-time, in-house UI/UX Designer to create elegant web experiences in conjunction with our marketing, sales, and design teams. They will collaborate with marketing strategists to execute well-designed web campaigns from concept to developer hand-off. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI/UX research skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and prototypes. They should have a knack for creating beautiful, intuitive, and functional digital experiences, and the knowledge to measure success.
Who You Are
- Strong Communicator. You believe that there is no such thing as too much communication. You value understanding teammates and empowering others to understand you.
- Design Obsessed. You seek out and get giddy over design solutions in multiple disciplines and are driven by the design community and your peers to constantly improve your skills.
- Problem Solver. You see obstacles as a necessary constraint, and find fulfillment in creating the perfect solution.
- Risk Taker. You’re not deterred by potential failure, and are willing to try new things in your designs. You’re not afraid to instill emotion, tone, and personality when necessary.
- Process Junkie. You believe organization, workflow management, and team communication are essential to the creative process. You seek out improvements to increase efficiency and improve design outcomes.
- Passionate about Nonprofits. You pursue work that serves a purpose bigger than yourself. You are passionate about playing a role in improving how the nonprofit sector operates.
- Champion for the Customer. You are motivated by a deep understanding of the problems and realities of the people you are designing for. You carefully consider your design’s place within the context of a user’s entire experience, based on research and facts.
What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like
- Design web experiences to fulfill campaign goals and champion the Classy brand. Projects could include campaign microsites, lead generating landing pages, and maintenance of classy.org and other marketing properties.
- Conduct usability research and testing, help to implement and measure success criteria based on marketing goals, and communicate results to the marketing and design teams.
- Create site maps, storyboards, and wireframes to bring simplicity and user friendliness to marketing web experiences.
- Collaborate with visual designers to bridge web experiences and promotional efforts, optimizing a person’s journey from start to finish.
- Revisit high traffic designs, work with marketing SEO/webmaster to conduct A/B tests, and communicate results to the rest of the team
- Prioritize and project manage your own workload while meeting critical milestones and communicating progress to proper stakeholders.
- Build great relationships with design, development, marketing, and other teams through open, collaborative communication and a commitment to shared goals.
- Assist visual designers and developers to bring projects to the finish line. This could include supporting dev efforts and helping to create static images, content and animations when needed.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years design experience, previous startup experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and Sketch. Google Analytics a plus
- Portfolio that demonstrates results-driven design skills in web/interface design, workflow, and prototyping
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS, ability to deliver code-ready designs to a development team
- Ability to conduct research, usability testing, and iteration implementing modern principles of data-driven design
- Exceptional design skills that fully consider fact-based usability research and an established design system
- Self-motivated independence and a drive for quality, consistency, and design excellence
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- 29 days off annually including vacation + holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Pet friendly office
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
*Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience in a SaaS company backed by prominent technology investors, including JMI Equity, Mithril, Salesforce Ventures, and Bullpen Capital. Classy has raised $53 million to-date in growth capital. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world – like curing disease, responding to disasters, providing access to education and other inspirational programs. Classy’s goal is to be a growth engine for nonprofits and social enterprises, helping them engage with supporters through a remarkable giving experience. Since 2011, fundraising on the Classy platform has doubled each year—resulting in thousands of nonprofits collectively raising over half a billion dollars.
Did you know that over $390 billion is donated annually to U.S. nonprofits, yet only a small fraction of this number is donated online? This massive market has been devoid of significant innovation in technology for decades - with most modern technology companies focusing elsewhere. Therefore, this market is ripe for disruption.
Classy is a VC-backed SaaS company headquartered in San Diego, boasting a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it.
Today, the 225-person Classy team services over 3,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the Collaborative and Classy Awards to recognize excellence in social innovation.