Classy is looking for a security expert who will be the primary driver of security best practices in Classy, an online fundraising platform exclusively for non-profits.
You will manage compliance initiatives (eg, PCI DSS Level 1, GDPR, OpenSAMM) and take a hands-on role combating credit card fraud and cyber security threats. You will work with DevOps to develop scalable tools to manage and automate the security of Classy's production environment. You will also work with Customer Success and IT to improve security knowledge and best practices. You also believe in helping others do good in the world!
- Continuous improvements to security in our AWS environments
- Service attack surface minimization/hardening
- First responder to cyber security threats
- Managing PCI DSS Level 1 and other compliance projects
- Oversee and perform penetration testing
- Evangelize security best practices across the business
- Work closely with Engineering to assist in the reproduction and resolution of defects
- BS and 5+ years experience in a Security Analyst/Engineer or similar role
- Experience with DevOps tools to implement security best practices
- Experience with PCI certification
- Experience preventing credit card fraud and other cyber security threats
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with tight deadlines
- Positive, 'can do' attitude with a focus on the success of the team over individual successes.
If this sounds like you, please reach out to us as we would love to learn more about you.
Our awesome perks!
- 29 days off annually including vacation + holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Pet friendly office
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience in a SaaS company backed by prominent technology investors, including JMI Equity, Mithril, Salesforce Ventures, and Bullpen Capital. Classy has raised $53 million to-date in growth capital. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter: @Classy.
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Originally started as a beach-side pub crawl to raise money for cancer research, Classy has built a powerful donor ecosystem that, since 2011, has helped thousands of organizations raise over half a billion dollars – with fundraising doubling on the platform every year since launch. Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and Malala Fund, to some of the world’s largest social organizations, such as Acumen Fund, Heifer International, and Shriners Hospitals for Children.
A VC-backed SaaS company based in San Diego, CA and recognized by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies for Social Good, Classy boasts a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it. Today, the 225-person Classy team services over 3,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the annual Classy Awards to shine a spotlight on the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe.