We’re seeking an elite business person and leader to guide, grow, and expand our community and events programs. This person will help more nonprofit leaders succeed in getting more money to the most important causes in the world. Could it be you?
As a leader in the nonprofit technology and fundraising space, Classy gets to work with some of the most impactful and purpose-driven people in the world, including nonprofit professionals, impact investors, and influential business executives. Our astronomical growth has been propelled by word-of-mouth through “Classy Friends” and customers. We put our customer’s needs first in everything we do, and we provide insightful information to help people across the sector—not just our prospects and clients. For example, our blog has as much traffic as the leading nonprofit industry publications because it’s focused on helping everyday nonprofits, whether they’re our customers or not.
We’ve developed two signature events that build on this philosophy—the annual Collaborative 2-day, 1,500 person conference and the annual Classy Awards—an international competition and ceremony that recognizes the 100 most impactful nonprofits in the world. We bring together thousands of top leaders in the nonprofit, fundraising, and social impact space to connect, learn, and celebrate progress. We need you to help unite these people, build out a great experience, and expand opportunities for them to connect.
About This Role: We’re looking for a dynamic but detail-oriented leader to steward and grow the Collaborative and Classy Awards, and to create new community programs including online communities, city meetups, and more.
In this role you’ll:
- Establish and deliver a comprehensive vision for engaging leaders and practitioners to maximize their success and progress
- Directly network, recruit, and inspire customers and “Classy Friends” to participate and lead community activities. For instance, you and your team will source, review, and manage over 100 speakers for the Collaborative sessions and the Classy Awards Leadership Council
- Manage and grow an internal team of 4-6 members and collaborate with all marketing functions to make your programs successful
- Design and drive forward the vision of overall event experiences—from content, to production, to attendee experience
- Design the overall communications plan for both events, including content targeted to attendees, speakers, prospects, Classy Awards nominees, finalists, and winners
- Co-plan recruitment tactics with the Demand Gen team to help drive attendance across all events
- Design the strategy and programs to build out new online and city-based Classy communities
- Work with the support, customer education, account management and services groups to drive customer NPS and customer success metrics
- 8+ years of event management and planning experience
- Experience running a multi-day conference with 2,000-4,000+ attendees
- 2+ years managing communities or influencer groups
- At least 4+ years managing a team of multiple skill sets and experience
- 3+ years of nonprofit experience or proven personal passion with nonprofit work and organizations
- Fantastic relationship builder—even better if you already have strong relationships across the nonprofit sector
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present clear and concise instructions
- Detail-oriented, exceptional planning, project management, logistics, and analytic skills
- Proven skills interacting with executive/senior management teams
- Ability to be smart and calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment with unexpected complexities
- Experience with Salesforce a huge plus
- Strong and clear decision maker
- Make a difference in the world—help nonprofits fundraise to improve education and social justice, reduce environmental damage, and more.
- Opportunity for marketing and leadership at a high-growth company, where you can learn about and influence processes across the business.
- Your work will really make an impact within the company. You’re not a cog in a big machine.
- Little to no corporate politics—good work is rewarded and you can be yourself.
- Chance to live in beautiful, sunny, warm San Diego.
- Opportunity to work with family-focused, values-driven team who are just really nice people doing a great job.
Our Awesome Perks!
- 29 days off annually including vacation + holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or rideshare allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Pet friendly office
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Originally started as a beach-side pub crawl to raise money for cancer research, Classy has built a powerful donor ecosystem that, since 2011, has helped thousands of organizations raise over half a billion dollars – with fundraising doubling on the platform every year since launch. Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and Malala Fund, to some of the world’s largest social organizations, such as Acumen Fund, Heifer International, and Shriners Hospitals for Children.
A VC-backed SaaS company based in San Diego, CA and recognized by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies for Social Good, Classy boasts a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it. Today, the 225-person Classy team services over 3,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the annual Classy Awards to shine a spotlight on the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in a SaaS company backed by prominent technology investors, including JMI Equity, Mithril, Salesforce Ventures, and Bullpen Capital. Classy has raised $53 million to-date in growth capital. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter: @Classy.