ClassPass is transforming the $100B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1 million studio fitness classes annually, and inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, and even after being recognized as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe we’re just getting started.
Our growing team is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work – and working out – seriously. We’re as inspired by the 100 million reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members and studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, and discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
About the role:
The Retention Manager will play a key role in increasing customer retention and lifetime value by driving, designing, and implementing global tests. This person will dive into our data and build business cases for programs that drive core company decisions. As the retention manager, you’ll own key LTV metrics, drive cross-functional programs, and synthesize key findings and takeaways to senior company leadership and the broader global marketing team.
Successful candidates will be strong individual contributors excited to collaborate cross-functionally, comfortable with test design and execution, and possess an intense curiosity for marketing and customer retention. As a rapidly growing start-up, we are looking for someone who is agile, forward-thinking, and looking to grow with the organization.
- Identify opportunities to engage our customers along their journey to increase ARPU, reduce churn, and increase customer sentiment
- Size the business impact of potential test opportunities and strategically prioritize across the roadmap
- Analyze customer engagement, retention and LTV through various segments (e.g., channel, cohort, tenure)
- Develop a technical understanding of tooling available to the broader marketing team (e.g,. email production, ESP tool proficiency, internal admin tools)
- Partner closely with our Analytics team to develop dashboards and reporting to monitor and optimize lifecycle metrics
- 3+ years of lifecycle / retention, consulting, finance or analytics experience. Experience with B2C companies / subscription based businesses a plus
- Strong business acumen; can consider higher-level business context and thinking while still approaching analytical problems with technical precision and data-mindedness
- Ability to translate data and trends in member and channel behavior into actionable insights, and execute against them
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to lead large, cross-functional teams to drive key business results
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills a must (pivot tables, data validation, look-up functions, etc.)
- Strong proficiency with SQL and BI tools preferred, especially Postgres and Tableau
- Experience with A/B testing and proper test design a plus
- Experience working with very large datasets a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a detail-oriented approach to executing tasks and an ability to manage multiple projects at once; comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.