ClassPass - the largest all-access fitness membership with a global network of premium studios is aggressively growing its international business.
Over the past year we have launched in over 25 international markets and this pace of expansion is set to continue!
About the right team member:
Do you have an ambition to manage a localisation team that is shaping the voice and image of an international brand across 28 countries and counting? Do you want to inspire and empower others to be the best version of themselves? If you know how to do it, we encourage you to apply for this role.
ClassPass’s Localisation Project Manager will work closely with the marketing, product and wider expansion team to evangelise the importance of global thinking in every step of the development process, and to facilitate the localisation of everything ClassPass produces. You must have a deep understanding of software and content localisation and solid experience managing a team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful, and proactive team player who is effectively working across team boundaries, across different time zones and under time pressure.
You naturally build relationships with people from different cultures and are curious about things in general. You enjoy collaboration, continuously seek improvement and are motivated by getting stuff done. You can and find it exciting to manage stakeholders who have different personalities, needs and perspectives. You have a consultative leadership style and are a confident decision maker. You're comfortable in a dynamic environment, coordinating people across geographies and time zones. You'll be reporting to International Expansion Manager and working in tandem with Localisation Project Coordinator.
- Oversee the continual localisation and internationalisation of product and mobile content in +10 different languages (new and existing)
- Manage localisation projects from beginning to end, working closely with marketing, product teams and country managers to ensure global launch readiness and facilitate in providing a first-class experience for our international users
- Ability to prioritise work to balance multiple projects and deadlines - you know how to deliver on time and are a skilled executer
- Work with internal teams to establish efficient workflows and continuously improve processes related to the planning and delivery of translations and multilingual content
- Proven ability effectively managing not only direct reports but also cross functional teams
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Implement ongoing quality assessment systems to ensure high-quality deliveries in a timely manner
- Create, manage and maintain key glossaries for each of the markets
- Work closely and maintain relationships with external translators and local consumer experts
- Given time zone differences to our international offices (SF, Montana, NYC, Singapore), an independent, yet collaborative work style is critical for this role
- Fluent in English & another language
- Extensive experience in localisation Project Management with experience managing a team
- Understanding of localisation processes, marketing and branding
- Experience with CAT tools and TMS technology
- You have previous experience as a translator and are also well-versed in transcreation and copywriting. You have localised and tested mobile apps and websites and adapted an array of marketing communications for different markets
- Strong relationship management skills, you’re a natural networker and love meeting new people
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with teams across geographic regions and time zones
- Independent, self-starter attitude with the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Previous startup experience is a plus
- A passion for Fitness and Wellness to properly understand and analyse the market and also to make the most out of your complimentary ClassPass!
- Bachelor's Degree in Translation or Linguistics (or equivalent experience)
- Right to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.