About the role:
We’re looking for a senior videographer and editor to join our creative team here in NYC. The ideal candidate is a highly creative, ambitious, self-starter with a strong work ethic, positive attitude and an eye for detail. The person hired will be an integral part of helping grow and evolve ClassPass’ digital communications and experience, ultimately helping people all over the world live happier and healthier lifestyles.
Video output will span a range of content types and channels, including everything from short-form looping animations, to ads, to longer form stories, to video within the app. This role works closely with our producer and creative directors, as well as our team of writers and designers to bring the work to life.
- Capture and edit video for ongoing content needs, with a primary focus across paid and organic social. Project mix would also include branded assets, customer stories, in-product videos, company recruiting.
- Deliver refined edits and roughcuts, including rough sound mixing, rough color correction, and music selection, plus motion graphics incorporation, as well as VO records and mixing when applicable.
- Adapt quickly to changes and revisions, solving problems alongside an energetic and ambitious team.
- Edit existing footage and seamlessly blend multiple shoots.
- Pull reference and generate ideas for ongoing projects and shoots.
- Stay current on industry trends and design standards.
- Embrace feedback and work collaboratively in all phases of production, alongside designers and writers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our growth and brand teams
- Work with the creative team to ensure consistency and quality of the ClassPass brand in the production of all video content.
- Ability to apply style guides creatively while upholding the ClassPass brand
- Ability to contribute and serve as a thought-leader in creative brainstorms and strategic marketing meetings a plus
- A varied portfolio of past work indicating your qualifications in the above described fields that also proves your ability to think conceptually and execute flawlessly
- 3-6 years of experience and a solid understanding of digital/video content production
- Advanced skills with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Media Encoder; knowledge of Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Organized and thorough file management across physical harddrives and Google Drive.
- Advanced knowledge of post-production fundamentals such as footage review, rough cuts, audio adjustment and final editing of content
- Advanced knowledge of digital workflow standards from Tethered Shooting, RAW Capture to Processed JPGs
- Advanced knowledge of pre-production fundamentals — camera setup, lighting, sound
- Knowledge of creating appropriate pacing, narration, and audio in content
- Strong communication skills — you should be able to clearly articulate your creative decisions, and have a great attitude working with the team.
- Someone who is obsessively detail-oriented, a self-starter, and an aficionado of iterating
- Motion graphics and animation design abilities a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.