We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Director of Product Design to manage our design team to deliver best-in-class product experiences across all user platforms. Your work will impact the well-being of customers and studio partners on a global scale and help ClassPass fulfill its mission of making the world a more active place.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, develop, and inspire a team of product designers: provide design direction, set clear goals, ensure continued skill and career growth, and promote a happy work environment.
- Help product designers translate broader company goals into everyday work and design decisions.
- Lead the team in executing high quality design work, in a timely manner -- spanning research and divergent concept exploration to UI/UX and final spec delivery.
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, and business team members to set the product vision for a wide-range of user-facing products.
- Be an advocate for the customer and user-centric design thinking throughout the organization.
- Effectively represent the design process and deliverables to executive leadership.
- Continually evolve our product design process, system, and tooling.
- Exercise good judgment and creativity to ensure we’re balancing speed and quality when shipping products.
Who you are:
- You are a seasoned product design leader with a track record of leading design teams through successful launches across iOS, Android, and web applications that customers love.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining best-in-class designers
- You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves and get their hands dirty -- reinforcing an ego-free, highly collaborative team environment
- You are deeply experienced with all stages of the end-to-end design process, from user research to ideation to UI/UX/visual design execution.
- You embrace an iterative design and agile development process that bakes in user feedback along the way
- You’re a strong communicator, influencer, and cross-functional partner
- 6+ years of digital design experience
- 2+ years of design management experience
- A portfolio of work that is clear about your thought process, not just final design work
- Proficiency in Figma or Sketch, prototyping, user research processes, Jira