About the Right Team Member
We’re looking for a wordsmith, a top-notch communicator and an expert collaborator. You’re a self starter who is ready to dive in and tell ClassPass’ story to help our members achieve their fitness goals, and help our business achieve its goals, too.
Our ideal candidate is a creative and idea-driven copywriter who knows how to deliver compelling messages, craft the perfect headlines and communicate the most complex ideas simply and effectively. As an integral member of the Creative and Marketing teams, you’ll be representing our brand voice with each and every word, whether you’re writing acquisition emails, developing ad copy or conceptualizing our next campaign. This is a unique opportunity for a highly adaptable writer to flex their skills in shaping the voice of ClassPass.
ClassPass is transforming the $10B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1 million studio fitness classes annually, and inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, and even after being recognized as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe we’re just getting started.
Our growing team (now over 500 strong!) is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work – and working out – seriously. We’re as inspired by the 35M+ reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members and studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, and discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
- Craft copy across all mediums including our website, app, emails, ad campaigns, promotional collateral and more. Experience on paid social channels is essential.
- Write both big and small, from email subject lines, to naming, to campaign headlines
- A willingness to test and iterate to land on the most performant messaging per channel and user segment
- Adopt and develop our brand voice to ensure that it consistently represents a best-in-class fitness brand, all while keeping our business objectives top of mind
- Help maintain company-wide voice guidelines, including taxonomy docs, copy style guides, etc.
- Contribute in creative brainstorms and take ideas from infancy to execution
- Work closely with our in-house creative team of designers and videographers to develop high-impact, best-in-class assets across media channels
- Collaborate closely with our Marketing, Product, Partnership, Customer Experience and Corporate teams, to elevate and grow the ClassPass brand across multiple audiences
- 2–5 years of experience working in house and/or at a creative agency
- Strong communication and coordination skills, with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Proven success writing copy across multiple mediums that produces results, from conversions to purchases to engagement
- You sweat the details with an excellent eye for grammar, editing and proofreading
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload and deadlines, plus a can-do, take-initiative attitude
- Portfolio of your past work demonstrating the above
- Love of fitness a plus