As Marketing Lead in China you will own the growth goals for one of our fastest growing markets. This role will partner with the GM of Greater China & the Expansion team, and to adapt global program strategy for the local market and develop market-specific campaigns and initiatives to drive growth at scale. This will include increasing awareness of ClassPass and our products, as well as engaging local communities and influencers to grow the ClassPass brand. Leveraging your growth marketing skills (paid advertising via WeChat, Weibo, Baidu, influencer, email marketing, etc.) you will reach and activate new customers in our China markets. You care deeply about building an enduring brand, and are creative in the ways you approach solving problems in scrappy, experiment-first ways.
Who would be a great fit for the ClassPass team? First and foremost, you are a curious self-starter and like to get your hands dirty. You have experience working in hyper growth environments across a number of different channels. Leveraging your growth marketing skills (including paid advertising, inbound marketing, mobile marketing, and lifecycle), you will reach and activate new customers. You care deeply about building an enduring brand, are creative about developing new campaigns, and rigorous about learning from the data you collect and the experimental campaigns you run.
What you will do
- Own the growth targets for all of our China markets (including Beijing and Shanghai) and lead the local marketing strategy to ensure we exceed our targets.
- Partner with the greater marketing organization and central marketing teams to grow the overall business, exchange learnings, and better codify our global marketing strategy.
- Liaison with product, engineering, finance, creative and pricing teams to ensure we are strategically aligned on how to grow, support and operate in the China markets.
- Stand up channel experiments to understand opportunity to localize our marketing strategy for optimal success.
- Support localized content, email, and inbound marketing channels to ensure a personalized and effective customer activation strategy.
- Connect with local community leaders, influencers and partners to drive brand awareness
- Own the reporting and evangelism of China market health and drive resourcing conversations to ensure the team has what it needs to grow our business.
- Implement a local marketing playbook, and lead local training, staffing conversations, and day-to-day management of the marketing playbook.
- Contribute to key strategic conversations around corporate development opportunities, partner strategies and product decisions.
- 5-8 years of marketing experience, preferably in a market-based model, leading the growth of a specific market or region
- Strong cross-team communication abilities, proven track record of working across the business to drive results
- Deep understanding of performance metrics (CPM, CMI, CPA, CPC & LTV)
- Experience in having launched a foreign brand in China is a major plus!
- Hands on experience with advertising on WeChat, Weibo, Baidu, TikTok and similar digital marketing platforms
- Experience with ESPs and building/shipping email campaigns
- Strong understanding of Looker, Amplitude, MixPanel or similar platform
- Experience in a highly analytical role, SQL experience a plus
- Experience with agency management is a plus
- Execution oriented mindset - with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get it done
- Love and passion for your craft
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.