We are looking for a talented, hard-working, extremely bright team player and true legal generalist with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience to join our small but growing legal team (currently consisting of 3 NY-based lawyers) to take the lead on managing ClassPass’ legal needs in Europe and Asia, from our London office. This is a unique opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting & challenging matters in a fast-paced & collaborative environment where you can really make a difference.
- Expansion: Managing rapid expansion from the legal perspective, including identifying, prioritising, and applying local legal requirements; helping scale.
- Advice: Working cross-functionally to identify risks and provide strategic, practical, and creative legal and business advice, including with respect to studio relations, product development, marketing campaigns, technology, employment, customer service, operations, compliance & other cross-functional matters.
- Privacy: Helping build and expand our data security and privacy program; advising on best practices and compliance with global privacy and data protection laws; supporting a privacy by design approach; and staying connected with business and tech teams to predict and implement legal and regulatory needs.
- Contracts: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including studio partners, master services, licensing, leases, professional services, marketing, technology, SaaS, vendor agreements, NDAs, website terms, and many more.
- Processes: Developing and improving internal procedures and policies, including template agreements, contract management, legal request intake, record retention, outside counsel oversight, and company education.
- Best Practices: Staying on top of, & educating colleagues about, industry best practices, trends & relevant legal developments.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has an extremely practical, creative, business-first, can-do approach to problem solving & is excited to roll up their sleeves to tackle whatever comes our way.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment. We’re a high-growth company that’s constantly iterating & you will need to demonstrate responsiveness & flexibility while managing multiple priorities & adapting quickly to change.
- Is super bright, hardworking, reliable & a self-starter; this is a small team & you will need to thrive while working independently.
- Demonstrates great judgment & has excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, negotiating & drafting skills.
- Has a collaborative & approachable style & the ability to communicate & interact effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Has experience in ecommerce, privacy & technology and familiarity with relevant laws in Europe.
- Minimum 8-10 years legal experience.
- Significant in-house experience in a general legal role in which you worked independently or managed a legal team, with little oversight.
- Ideal candidate has experience working for US-based company.
- Top academic credentials.