Every life fully lived.
ClassPass is transforming the $10B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1 million studio fitness classes annually, and inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, and even after being recognized as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe we’re just getting started.
Our growing team (now over 400 strong!) is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work – and working out – seriously. We’re as inspired by the 35M+ reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members and studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, and discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
About the Right Team Member
We're looking for an innovative backend engineer with a passion for designing robust and easy to use APIs and services. You’re comfortable tackling efforts solo or working in groups, both big and small. Fast-paced environments don’t phase you, and you seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work. You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration, which is exactly why you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will craft new functionality with a dedicated team of skilled individuals. You like to ship software early and often, you value simplicity, and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation, deployment and monitoring of our product
- Build efficient and reusable backend systems
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for more junior engineers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain high code coverage via unit tests and acceptance tests
- Find and address performance issues
- Experience with Java or Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, and at least 5 years of professional programming experience
- A strong understanding of RESTful API design
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Dropwizard, Flask, and Django a plus
- Love of fitness a plus
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Free ClassPass membership
- Flexible work hours & vacation policy
- Pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs
- Vanguard 401k
- Healthy (and unhealthy) snacks
- Casual dress - fitness wear encouraged!
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.