ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a full-time Product Design Manager to join our UX team. The Product Designer Manager will work closely with Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers to build simple user centered digital experiences for our partners globally.
- Lead design and help conceptualize the future of the ClassPass B2B responsive web experience.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and try new ideas. Be able to think “Blue Sky” and explore divergent concepts while maintaining a fixed eye the balance between simplicity and context.
- Influence product strategy and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of tactical & contained issue to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all partner touch points.
- Know how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team
- Promote a strong feedback culture by both giving and receiving constructive and actionable feedback.
You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty. You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door. You are know for a fine-tuned aesthetics, amazing storytelling, a critical eye and an obsession with perfection.
As the ideal candidate:
- You have a track record of leading design teams through successful B2B product launches
- You emotionally connect with customers of all kinds in a two sided marketplace
- You inspire others to aim for bigger, bolder and smarter
- You advocate for great design and help others understand its value
- You have mastery of typography and love grid systems
- You are comfortable sketching on whiteboards and adjusting icons at 1600% zoom
- Someone who is obsessively detail-oriented, a self-starter, and an aficionado of iterating
- You have learned by experience that no design survives user testing untouched, and you thrive in iterating from user feedback
- A design portfolio that demonstrates strong problem solving, interaction and visual design skills
- 6+ years of digital design experience
- 2+ years leading and mentoring designers
- A degree in a related field
- Experience shipping responsive web experiences
- Strong communication skills — you are able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Familiar with the AGILE working process and able to work closely with Product Managers and front-end developers
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Invision and the Adobe Creative Suite
- BONUS: Proficiency in Framer, Principle, Origami, etc
- BONUS: Experience with running and synthesizing UX research