Classkick is growing fast and is hiring a Full Stack Engineer. This role will partner with the product team to improve user experience with our product and serve the 700,000 daily active users that created tens of millions of assignments in the last year.
What you'll do
- Create success both independently and collaboratively with other product-minded engineers
- Produce well-designed, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Decide on the best tools and frameworks for a specific task and use them efficiently to build an excellent web app.
- In the first 60 days, you will develop front-end UI and backend APIs
- Every quarter, you will work with the PM and team to ensure your team working effectively in moving the roadmap forward.
- Every week, you will conduct code reviews and help your team follow the right practices.
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Have experience as a team lead cross-collaborating with design and product teams
- Experience building and shipping large scale projects from start to finish
- Experience in SQL and database modeling and best practices
- Are passionate about improving education
- Have a strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
Classkick’s stack: iOS, Angular, React, Python, Scala, GCP, Firebase, MySQL, Kubernetes. Prior familiarity with stack is a bonus. It’s NOT required.
Chicago or Remote
Our current range for this role is 140K-180K. Please note we do not like salary to be a barrier in hiring talent who will be a value-add to our team. Instead, we see this as an opportunity to continue iterating on our salary bands to maintain equity across the company.
- 100% fully remote, U.S. based team
- Flexible Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock Options
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plans
- Professional Development Stipend
- Parental Leave for Primary and Secondary Caregivers
About Our Team
Classkick is a tech startup that loves helping teachers and students. We love it so much, that in non-pandemic periods, we worked out of a school every week or two, and have our whole team visit schools to see Classkick in action monthly. We'd come home to a half day hackathon and build/fix the product that day! We also have a democratized product culture where any team member can use the product system to push through product changes.
Ed-tech is still a young and burgeoning ecosystem. We believe that by building a great product with a great business model, we will create a lasting impact on students’ learning, on teacher effectiveness and the industry at large. Our teacher and student focused culture helped us make the #1 learning activities platform in K-12 (measured by mean session time and/or NPS), with organic growth in 160+ countries.
Classkick’s culture can be described as collaborative, values-focused, self-driven and empowering. While this is a startup and everyone works very hard, we believe in a work-life balance. We are lean and poised to grow quickly. More at classkick.com, instagram.com/classkick or twitter.com/classkick.
Our roadmap includes exciting platform updates to serve the new post-pandemic world and expand to new markets - all informed of course by teacher and student requests. Catch some recent #featuresbyteachers here, here and here.
Some candidates may see the list below and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we haven't stated. We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. Our reach extends to students all over the country and the globe, and it’s vital our team is representative of those we serve. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Classkick’s Core Values
- Advocate for Learners
- Focus on People
- Work Towards Justice
- Stay Curious
Why this opportunity matters
Every day, kids come to class feeling engaged, supported and excited to learn because of Classkick. Our goal is that every student in the world is happy and successful in their education.
To achieve this, we connect students and their school work to all the advocates in their learning: classmates, teachers, parents, anyone invested in them. When the right person is there at the right time - whether with a high five, or some help when stuck - that’s when you get more “Ah ha!” and “OH I got it!” moments. Learning transforms from a chore into a fun and intrinsic experience.
COVID19 has thrown into stark reality the need for holistic approaches that work seamlessly in the classroom and remotely. Education will never be the same again and the world has been calling out for more Classkick. Our traffic 8x-ed in a matter of weeks and it’s only the beginning. We suddenly expanded from being a major tool in the classroom, to becoming the classroom itself. Joining at this stage is pivotal and will have high impact on the future direction of the company.