In alignment with the policy at the NYC Department of Education, all Classical staff members are required to become vaccinated to ensure the safety of our school community. Exemptions from this requirement will be granted for those with a sincerely-held religious belief or medical condition.
Position Reports to: School Director
Start/End Date: 2021-2022 School Year
Hours: 7:30am-4:45pm + some out of school time responsibilities
Compensation: $52,000-$105,000 (Please note that this is a general range; salaries are determined based on credentials and years of experience)
As one of the highest performing charter networks in New York City, Classical Charter Schools is having a meaningful impact on education in the South Bronx. Recognized as two-time National Blue Ribbon Award-Winning network, Classical Charter Schools outperforms 97% of New York charters by providing a transformative education through a classical curriculum focused on art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employees and applicants will be treated in all respects on basis of merit and qualifications without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law. We strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds to apply. At Classical, we provide comprehensive health benefits, competitive salaries, and opportunities for growth.
All Classical teachers share the undying belief that maximizing student achievement is at the core of our work. Our teachers are committed to our mission and driven to meet key responsibilities:
- Leading all scholars to gap-closing academic gains: scholars must achieve mastery and advanced mastery of grade-level Common Core State Standards to succeed to and through college
- Establishing and maintaining a highly structured classroom culture where scholars demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship
Our teachers work relentlessly to achieve these challenging, mission-critical goals. Successful teachers:
- Study, practice, and execute lessons that influence scholars to master daily standard-aligned objectives, faithfully using our rigorous, classical curriculum
- Revise lessons for clarity, rigor and relevance, with guidance and support from instructional coaches
- Collect and analyze academic and behavior data to pinpoint scholar needs
- Collaborate in teams and with coaches to resolve challenges and implement instructional improvements driven by quantitative and qualitative data
- Proactively seek and implement feedback from team leaders and coaches to improve their practice
- Teaching certification OR at least one year of teaching experience
Successful Candidates Will:
- Have experience working at a high-performing charter school
- Show alignment to Classical Charter School’s mission and approach
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Demonstrate application of our core values: Accountability, Innovation, Professionalism, Rigor, Tenacity, Transparency, and Urgency
- Have experience teaching in a high performing urban school