In alignment with the policy at the NYC Department of Education, all Classical staff members are required to become vaccinated to ensure the safety of our school community. Exemptions from this requirement will be granted for those with a sincerely-held religious belief or medical condition.
As one of the highest performing charter networks in New York City, Classical Charter Schools is having a meaningful impact on education in the South Bronx. Recognized as two-time National Blue Ribbon Award-Winning network, Classical Charter Schools outperforms 97% of New York charters by providing a transformative education through a classical curriculum focused on art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employees and applicants will be treated in all respects on basis of merit and qualifications without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law. We strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds to apply. At Classical, we provide comprehensive health benefits, competitive salaries, and opportunities for growth.
All our staff members share the undying belief that maximizing student achievement is their primary goal. To achieve this goal, the School Counselor, under the supervision of the School Director, will:
- Plan and provide high quality counseling services to scholars with IEPs and at-risk scholars with a focus on supporting scholars in meeting classroom goals
- Write session notes, progress reports, and goals for scholars with mandated counseling services
- Provide teachers and staff with strategies and interventions for struggling scholars
- Create, implement, and track positive behavior intervention plans for scholars using functional behavior assessments and evidence-based practices
- Diligently work to align social, emotional, and behavioral supports with school mission
- Receive regular and ongoing feedback from administration and instructional leaders
- Serve on the school-based Scholar Services Team and work within a Response to Intervention model (attend weekly meetings, address incoming teacher referrals, monitor designated plans, implement short-term interventions, and identify scholars who need an evaluation)
- Assist the Dean of Students and other staff in providing crisis support to scholars, as needed
- Collaborate with the school’s leadership team and other committees to support all scholars in achieving high standards
- Regularly communicate with parents, teachers, and other staff to provide coordinated support
- Master’s degree by May 2021
- NYS Certification: School Counseling, School Psychology, LMSW, or LMHC
- Experience working in schools
Successful Candidates Will:
- Have a demonstrated track record of meeting the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students in a diverse, low-income community.
- Have a strong knowledge of evidence-based practices, data collection, and Response to Intervention.
- Show alignment to Classical Charter School’s mission and approach
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Demonstrate application of our core values: Accountability, Innovation, Professionalism, Rigor, Tenacity, Transparency, and Urgency