In alignment with the policy at the NYC Department of Education, all Classical staff members are required to become vaccinated to ensure the safety of our school community. Exemptions from this requirement will be granted for those with a sincerely-held religious belief or medical condition.
As one of the highest performing charter networks in New York City, Classical Charter Schools is having a meaningful impact on education in the South Bronx. Recognized as two-time National Blue Ribbon Award-Winning network, Classical Charter Schools outperforms 97% of New York charters by providing a transformative education through a classical curriculum focused on art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employees and applicants will be treated in all respects on basis of merit and qualifications without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law. We strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds to apply. At Classical, we provide comprehensive health benefits, competitive salaries, and opportunities for growth.
All our teachers share the undying belief that maximizing student achievement is at the core of our work. Special Education Teachers must be thoughtful educators who relentlessly seek to improve the content and overall quality of education that Classical Charter Schools provides. Our special education teachers are committed to our school’s mission and driven to lead all scholars to academic gains. Under the supervision of the Director of Scholar Services, the Special Education Teacher will:
- Create and revise lesson plans to provide daily small group instruction that is tightly aligned to IEP goals and the general education curriculum
- Assist in the development of standards-driven IEPs, keep organized case files on each scholar with an IEP or 504, ensure all services are in compliance with mandates, attend IEP meetings, and collect multiple sources of data on scholar progress to goals and standards
- Coordinate and monitor related services for scholars with IEPs
- Provide teachers and staff with academic differentiation strategies and interventions for struggling scholars
- Receive regular and ongoing feedback and support from administration and instructional leaders
- Serve on the school-based Scholar Services Team (attend weekly meetings, manage incoming teacher referrals, monitor recommended plans, and help determine scholars who need an evaluation for special education services).
- Collaborate with the school’s leadership team and other committees to support all scholars in achieving high standards
- Assist in providing accommodations for English Language Learners and scholars with IEPs or 504s
- Hold a SPED Certification
Successful Candidates Will:
- Have experience teaching in a resource/small group or pull-out model
- At least one year of teaching Special Education
- Show alignment to Classical Charter School’s mission and approach
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Demonstrate application of our core values: Accountability, Innovation, Professionalism, Rigor, Tenacity, Transparency, and Urgency
- Have experience teaching in a high performing urban school