In alignment with the policy at the NYC Department of Education, all Classical staff members are required to become vaccinated to ensure the safety of our school community. Exemptions from this requirement will be granted for those with a sincerely-held religious belief or medical condition.
Please note that this role will have a hybrid schedule and will require being in-person.
As one of the highest performing charter networks in New York City, Classical Charter Schools is having a meaningful impact on education in the South Bronx. Recognized as two-time National Blue Ribbon Award-Winning network, Classical Charter Schools outperforms 97% of New York charters by providing a transformative education through a classical curriculum focused on art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employees and applicants will be treated in all respects on basis of merit and qualifications without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law. We strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds to apply. At Classical, we provide comprehensive health benefits, competitive salaries, and opportunities for growth.
The Special Projects Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and take responsibility for organizing, developing and implementing the Executive Director’s strategic initiatives based on Classical Charter Schools’ 2027 Vision. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Act as a strategic thought partner to the Executive Director to support with vision setting and decision-making processes, prioritizing initiatives based on strategic goals and initiatives within Classical’s vision
· Ensure that strategic initiatives, projects, and processes align with overall global strategy
· Assist Directors in writing and editing global and department strategy documents
· Work with the Executive Director to adapt existing proposal template and process
· Define and execute scope, schedule, and stakeholder communication plans for all projects
· Collate all projects and tasks into a single project management folder and workbook
· Facilitate project planning with stakeholders regarding scope, resources, schedules, and parties
· Monitor project execution toward project outcomes, managing issues and risks
· Lead projects and execute project tasks as assigned by Executive Director
· Present strategic initiatives progress, challenges, and results to Executive Director
· Map and catalogue Classical’s processes at the general level and with increasingly specific levels of detail
· Work with Executive Director and department heads to identify, propose, and execute opportunities to streamline, revise and automate processes to support strategic goals
· Partner with Executive Director, Director of Data & Research, and IT consultants on designing and implementing solutions for improved process automation
· Assist Executive Director in organizing and depicting Classical’s model (mission, vision, strategy, values, processes, etc.) into a centralized repository
· Study organizational intelligence and work to capture Classical’s DNA for publication and sharing