In alignment with the policy at the NYC Department of Education, all Classical staff members are required to become vaccinated to ensure the safety of our school community. Exemptions from this requirement will be granted for those with a sincerely-held religious belief or medical condition.
As one of the highest performing charter networks in New York City, Classical Charter Schools is having a meaningful impact on education in the South Bronx. Recognized as two-time National Blue Ribbon Award-Winning network, Classical Charter Schools outperforms 97% of New York charters by providing a transformative education through a classical curriculum focused on art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employees and applicants will be treated in all respects on basis of merit and qualifications without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law. We strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds to apply. At Classical, we provide comprehensive health benefits, competitive salaries, and opportunities for growth.
ClassiCorps teachers are full-time faculty members and share our undying commitment to maximizing student achievement. Our teachers are driven to further Classical’s mission and meet key expectations:
- Leading all scholars to gap-closing educational gains: scholars must achieve mastery and advanced mastery of grade-level Common Core State Standards to succeed through college
- Establishing and maintaining a highly ordered classroom culture where scholars and staff demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship
ClassiCorps Teachers receive:
- Summer teaching preparation—observing, attending sessions, and leading instruction during Summer Learning Academy
- Intensive coaching, including observations and debriefs with Instructional Coaches twice per week during all three years
- A Masters’ in Teaching—paid for by Classical Charter Schools—completed during the first two years of the fellowship
- Full salary and benefits, starting at $54,000 per year, and rising to $75,000 after their Master’s in Teaching is completed
- All while working to provide a world-class education for students in the South Bronx
The ClassiCorps Teaching Fellowship begins on June 6, 2022, with some flexibility for June graduates. Successful ClassiCorps teachers are encouraged, but not required, to continue their work with Classical Charter Schools beyond the three-year commitment. Please note that at this time, this position is only open to individuals who do not need sponsorship from Classical Charter Schools to work in the United States.
- Undergraduate degree by May 2022
- 2.5 GPA or higher
Successful Candidates :
- Show alignment to Classical Charter School’s mission and approach
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Demonstrate application of our core values: Accountability, Innovation, Professionalism, Rigor, Tenacity, Transparency, and Urgency