In alignment with the policy at the NYC Department of Education, all Classical staff members are required to become vaccinated to ensure the safety of our school community. Exemptions from this requirement will be granted for those with a sincerely-held religious belief or medical condition.
Position Reports to: School Director
Start/End Date: 2021-2022 School Year
Hours: 7:30am-4:45pm + some out of school time responsibilities
As one of the highest performing charter networks in New York City, Classical Charter Schools is having a meaningful impact on education in the South Bronx. Recognized as two-time National Blue Ribbon Award-Winning network, Classical Charter Schools outperforms 97% of New York charters by providing a transformative education through a classical curriculum focused on art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employees and applicants will be treated in all respects on basis of merit and qualifications without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law. We strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds to apply. At Classical, we provide comprehensive health benefits, competitive salaries, and opportunities for growth.
All our staff members share the undying belief that maximizing student achievement is their primary goal. Our Speech and Language Pathologists are focused on the school’s mission and driven to meet their key responsibility: leading scholars to gap-closing academic gains. Scholars must achieve mastery and advanced mastery of grade-level Common Core State Standards to succeed to and through college. To meet this challenging, mission-critical goal, the Speech and Language Pathologist will:
- Provide small group, individual, and push-in services that are tightly aligned to IEP goals and the general education curriculum in the areas of language, articulation, and fluency
- Assist in the development of standards-driven IEPs, maintain organized case files on each scholar with an IEP, ensure all services are in compliance with mandates, attend IEP meetings, and collect multiple sources of data on scholar progress to goals and standards
- Provide teachers and staff with strategies and interventions for struggling scholars
- Receive regular and ongoing feedback and support from administration and instructional leaders
- Serve on the school-based Scholar Services Team and work within a Response to Intervention model (attend weekly meetings, respond to incoming teacher referrals, monitor designated plans, implement short-term interventions, and help identify scholars who are in need of an evaluation)
- Collaborate with the school’s leadership team and other committees to support all scholars in achieving high standards
- Certification in Speech and Language Pathology
- Masters in SLP (or related major) by January 2020
Successful Candidates Will:
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of evidence-based practices, IEP reports, and RTI work, and data collection/ progress monitoring
- Show alignment to Classical Charter School’s mission and approach
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Demonstrate application of our core values: Accountability, Innovation, Professionalism, Rigor, Tenacity, Transparency, and Urgency