As one of the highest performing charter networks in New York City, Classical Charter Schools is having a meaningful impact on education in the South Bronx. Recognized as two-time National Blue Ribbon Award-Winning network, Classical Charter Schools outperforms 97% of New York charters by providing a transformative education through a classical curriculum focused on art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employees and applicants will be treated in all respects on basis of merit and qualifications without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law. We strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds to apply. At Classical, we provide comprehensive health benefits, competitive salaries, and opportunities for growth.
Associate Teachers share the duties of a kindergarten classroom with a lead teacher while they develop their skills and receive a competitive salary and full benefits. This program allows Associate Teachers to rapidly increase their impact and forge a path to a lead position in the following year.
- All Classical teachers share the undying belief that maximizing student achievement is their primary goal. Our teachers are committed to our mission and driven to meet key responsibilities:
- Leading all scholars to gap-closing academic gains: scholars must achieve mastery and advanced mastery of grade-level Common Core State Standards to succeed to and through college
- Establishing and maintaining a highly structured classroom culture where scholars demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship
Our teachers work relentlessly to achieve these rigorous, mission-critical goals. Successful Associate Teachers:
- Study, practice, and execute lessons that lead scholars to master daily standard-aligned objectives, faithfully using our rigorous, classical curriculum
- Collect and evaluate academic and behavior data to pinpoint scholar needs
- Collaborate in teams and with coaches to resolve challenges and implement instructional improvements driven by quantitative and qualitative data
- Proactively seek and implement feedback from team leaders and instructional coaches to improve their practice
- Assist with instruction, behavior management, classroom organization and administrative duties
Above all, our teachers care deeply about their scholars, who inspire them to do good and work well.
- · 2.5 GPA or higher
- · Undergraduate degree by first day of work
Successful Candidates Will:
- Show alignment to Classical Charter School’s mission and approach
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and organizational skills
Demonstrated application of our core values: Accountability, Innovation, Professionalism, Rigor, Tenacity, Transparency, and Urgency