Who We Are
Class is a software developed by Class Technologies Inc., a company founded by software pioneer Michael Chasen. Class adds teaching and learning tools to Zoom and makes the virtual classroom feel like a real classroom. Class is a remote company (you can work from anywhere!), with staff around the world.
Class is backed by prominent Zoom board members and investors, including current Zoom board member Santi Subotovsky, and education and technology leaders like SoftBank, Salesforce Ventures, GSV Ventures, and American quarterback and entrepreneur, Tom Brady.
Are you passionate about learning and technology? Do you aspire to change the way the world learns? Do you want to work from anywhere in a flexible, collaborative, and inclusive work environment? If you answered yes to any or all of those questions, we want to talk to you!
Who We are Looking For
A Senior Full Stack Developer who will design and build web applications that change the learning experience. You will help set the standard for how applications can be built by evolving our development methodologies and best practices. The work you do as an individual contributor on this team will push you to learn, inspire others to excel, and take our web development capabilities to the highest level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive product-focused engineering efforts to invent and ship valuable and meaningful features to an exciting market.
- Work in Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, React, jQuery, PostgreSQL, and supporting cloud infrastructure technologies, such as Serverless Framework and AWS Lambda.
- Find creative solutions to problems that can be maintained and improved over time within the context of a high-growth startup environment.
- Rapidly deliver quality software while collaborating across disciplines on an agile team using Kanban and SCRUM project management flows.
- Help drive best practices and inspire the people around you.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud services, in particular AWS services such as Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, Elasticache, RDS, CloudFront, and CloudWatch.
- Expert understanding of distributed web system architecture.
- Deep knowledge of monitoring, observability, and security best practices.
- Expert understanding of git and GitHub.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD workflows. GitHub Actions knowledge is a plus.
- You have years of web development best practices experience but do not shy from creative thinking to solve problems based on the context.
- You demonstrate a desire to work in a high-growth startup environment, taking ownership of projects and changing direction based on stakeholder feedback, market conditions, and technological capabilities.
- You demonstrate the ability to follow through on commitments and convey a sense of responsibility for your work.
- You leave the ego at the door, working considerately and collaboratively across teams when solving problems.
- You demonstrate an interest in the subject matter, in this case changing how the world learns.
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Class Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
We're committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking continued steps to meet that commitment.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women and other gender minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA people, veterans, and people with disabilities.