Who We Are
Class is a software developed by Class Technologies Inc., a company founded by software pioneer Michael Chasen. Class adds teaching and learning tools to Zoom and makes the virtual classroom feel like a real classroom. Class is a remote company (you can work from anywhere!), with staff around the world.
Class is backed by prominent Zoom board members and investors, including current Zoom board member Santi Subotovsky, and education and technology leaders like SoftBank, Salesforce Ventures, GSV Ventures, and American quarterback and entrepreneur, Tom Brady.
Are you passionate about learning and technology? Do you aspire to change the way the world learns? Do you want to work from anywhere in a flexible, collaborative, and inclusive work environment? If you answered yes to any or all of those questions, we want to talk to you!
To support our explosive growth, we are building an expansive Partner Ecosystem that includes technology vendors such as Zoom, Intel and a broad range of EdTech providers. These technology partners will play a key role in extending Class functionality and also building innovative solutions for our customers across many use-cases.
We are looking for a Partner Sales Engineer who is passionate about learning to work with our technology partners to help them build cutting edge integrations and solutions for our customers. In this role, you will work directly with the partner management team and technology partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on product integrations with partners, provide technical guidance, evangelize the solutions, and ultimately be the trusted advisor for the partners.
As a Class Sales Engineer you must share our passion for changing the way the world learns, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Partners to evangelize the Class Platform to our partner ecosystem
• Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
• Design and deliver high-quality technical Proof of Concepts for partners and prospective customers
• Present technical and business aspects to an executive and technical audience
• Assist with the growth strategy within the partner ecosystem by building relationships
• Provide architectural and technical guidance to partners and promote successful integrations with Class
• Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Class’ products and marketing
Required Skills, Experience, Degrees, or Certification:
• 5-6 years of industry experience with a minimum of 2 within in education technology and methodologies that make up the EdTech ecosystem
• Deep understanding of tools, important players, and key trends in the EdTech ecosystem which includes; LMS, SIS, HRIS and other solutions
• Work with general-purpose programming languages such as Python and Ruby for the purpose of creating and maintaining integrations or automations between the Class core environment and external SORs
• Some work with OS-native scripting languages such as BASH and Powershell.
• Integration, proof-of-concept creation, testing, and deployment – leveraging RESTful APIs and JSON / XML formatted response data
• Excellent written and spoken fluency in English
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience