ClassDojo’s ultimate goal is to create an education system that serves every child on Earth with a 10x better learning experience than today. Our plan to do this is to bring communities of teachers, kids, and families together all over the world, and give those communities the power to improve their classrooms.
As an early iOS engineer at ClassDojo, you'll collaborate closely with product, design, and other engineers as part of a cross-functional development team, creating incredible new experiences for our users. You’ll take responsibility for one of the world's most popular education apps, used by millions of students, teachers, and parents around the world every day. In addition, you’ll keep building on our world-class engineering culture, one that values rapid iteration, cross-functional collaboration, and thoughtful best practices.
- You'll shape the direction of mobile products at ClassDojo.
- You'll work across all parts of the stack to develop new features and infrastructure for ClassDojo's iOS app.
- You'll create a solid architectural, technical and cultural foundation for future iOS engineers.
- You'll be expected and encouraged to think beyond writing code, to help define ClassDojo's direction - this is your company to build.
- You'll work and grow as part of a cross-functional product development team. We value holistic ownership over specialization, so you'll be expected to contribute beyond just iOS development.
Relevant skills / experience
- Experience with iOS
- Enjoy building highly responsive and fault tolerant apps
- Write robust application code for user-facing iOS applications on top of RESTful APIs
- Create and maintain testing infrastructure for automated UI tests and end to end integration tests
- Strong, a strong full-stack engineering background
ClassDojo’s mission is to bring communities together, and give them the tools, ideas and energy to change education for their kids. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo is a simple way for teachers, parents, and students to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. It helps everyone create exciting, inspiring and creative classrooms and homes for kids. We’re one of the fastest growing education technology companies of all time, used and loved by millions of teachers, parents and students in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and charter schools, as well as from Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, Amazon, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
If you’re excited about having an impact in education at massive scale, we’d love to hear from you.