As an early Android engineer at ClassDojo, you'll lead the development of our fastest growing platform, collaborating closely with product, design, and other engineers as part of a cross-functional development team creating, incredible new experiences for our users. You’ll take responsibility for an app used by millions of students, teachers, and parents around the world every day. In addition, you’ll keep building on our world-class engineering culture, one that values rapid iteration, cross-functional collaboration, and thoughtful best practices.
- You'll shape the direction of mobile products at ClassDojo.
- You'll work across all parts of the stack to develop new features and infrastructure for ClassDojo's Android app.
- You'll create a solid architectural, technical and cultural foundation for future Android engineers.
- You'll be expected and encouraged to think beyond writing code, to help define ClassDojo's direction - this is your company to build.
- You'll work and grow as part of a cross-functional product development team. We value holistic ownership over specialization, so you'll be expected to contribute beyond just Android development.
- 3+ years of experience with Java and the Android SDK
- Enjoy building highly responsive and fault tolerant apps
- Write robust application code for user-facing Android applications on top of RESTful APIs
- Create and maintain testing infrastructure for automated UI tests and end to end integration tests
- Ideally, a strong full-stack engineering background
ClassDojo’s mission is to give teachers, parents, and students the power to create incredible classrooms. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo is a classroom communication app that helps students build social-emotional skills while creating a simple way for teachers, parents, and students to share what’s happening during the school day through photos, videos, and messages. We're one of the fastest growing education technology companies of all time, used and loved by millions of teachers, parents and students in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and charter schools, as well as from Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, Amazon, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
If you're excited about having an impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.