ClassDojo is looking for a consumer and lifestyle media specialist to be part of our growing communications team. In this position, you’ll lead all media relations efforts for consumer, lifestyle, and entertainment -- national as well as regional.
We have a very passionate community of teachers in the US and around the world who have amazing stories to share. Together with the head of communications, you’ll work to connect these stories with our larger mission: to give teachers, parents, and students the power to create incredible classrooms.
If you love digging in deep and finding creative ways to share meaningful stories with the world, this is the job for you :)
- Together with the head of communications, develop a plan to align company priorities with a broader consumer storytelling strategy
- Work closely with our community of teachers and parents to find those special stories that need telling -- and then execute creatively against them. Everything from contributed articles to surveys, visual content, spokespeople, media tours, and more. We have amazing stories to tell -- it’s just about finding creative ways to tell them!
- Pitch consumer, lifestyle and entertainment media at a national and local level
- Create written materials including blog posts, contributed articles, pitches, FAQs, messaging, etc.
- 7+ years communications experience: agency experience required; mix of agency and in-house preferred
- Strong relationships with consumer and lifestyle media
- Proven experience pitching human-interest stories to national and local media
- Ability to operate at all levels: from organizing a thoughtful strategy to executing upon it
- Self-starter -- able to instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them
- Able to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Even better...experience with education and entertainment brands
- SF, LA or NYC based