ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a passionate Community Manager to spearhead our school / district community programs and lead our event strategy. The ideal candidate will be a relationship builder who can identify, engage, and nurture relationships with key stakeholders across our vast educational network, ensuring that ClassDojo remains the preferred educational product for both schools and districts. Your responsibilities will include:
- Build ClassDojo’s Ambassador Program for admins: establish and nurture relationships with school/district admin brand ambassadors, turn them into ClassDojo champions
- Community building: lead the growth of the admin community by fostering engagement and brand loyalty, while implementing systems to track and refine community success metrics
- Influencer partnerships: build and manage partnerships with key district influencers, collaboratively creating content that aligns with ClassDojo's objectives and continuously measuring the impact of these collaborations
- Event management: oversee ClassDojo's admin event strategy end-to-end, ensuring alignment with brand goals and seamless coordination with all stakeholders
You will be a match if:
- You have 5+ years in community building with 3+ years focused on school leaders
- You have a proven track record of initiating and scaling community programs; not just maintaining existing ones
- You have experience in crafting content across mediums: social, webinars, articles, videos, and podcasts
- You have familiarity with organizing and leading at educational events and conferences
- You are exceptional at building and maintaining relationships with educators, including rapid rapport-building
- You have strong content creation skills with innovative ideas tailored for school admin communities
- You are a natural, charismatic influencer
- You have deep insight into the K-12 landscape and the nuances of school admins
- You are results-driven: candidates must link past work to tangible business outcomes
- You are a collaborative team player, partnering seamlessly with marketing, support, and product teams
- You prioritize speed, setting a high pace while maintaining quality
You might be a good fit if:
- You have a background in high growth tech start-ups with hands-on experience building communities
- You are a former school leader or district admin
- You are a previous ClassDojo user and advocate
- You are a strategic thinker able to prioritize and guide team strategy
- You are highly analytical with an ability to dissect complex issues, track relevant metrics, and derive insights for decision-making
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.