ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
Lead the design and creative direction of our marketing aesthetic, especially across ClassDojo.com, our marketing emails, new product launches, and broader marketing efforts. As part of this work, you’ll lead design work across many of our most important projects. You’ll also build out and lead a team over time — supporting and challenging them to deliver incredible work that moves our brand forward with every single launch. We’re looking for an incredible creative leader to help us build one of the world’s leading brands on par with Apple, Airbnb, Nike, and Tesla — built entirely around kids, families, and education.
You will be a match if:
- You have 15+ years of design experience
- You have 5+ years of team leadership experience (management experience is optional, but welcomed)
- You have deep experience leading digital marketing design
- You are comfortable designing across touchpoints — from small emails as part of a larger campaign to expansive landing pages.
You’re likely a great match if:
- You’re a student of great marketing and marketing design work
- You set a relentlessly high bar for yourself and aim to elevate your work each time you ship something new
- You can break down why a piece of marketing works and explain the strategy behind your own decision
- You constantly are thinking and looking for ways to make that image or design better
- You have a player-coach leadership style and lead by example first and foremost
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.