ClassDojo's mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries. We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you'll do:
You'll be joining a seasoned team of product marketers and will play a huge role in defining the function and driving tons of impact. You'll be responsible for figuring out how to best market our new and existing products to teachers so that we can grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: reach 100 million+ families and tens of millions in revenue while deepening our brand love.
As our senior product marketing manager for teachers, you'll help us grow ClassDojo to be the world's most widely-used pre-K-8 product and the world's most-loved consumer education brand for kids by building a deep understanding of our market, creating our positioning, and bringing that to life through engaging go-to-market campaigns that drive impact. You'll also have a lot of influence to work with our product teams to shape the future of education.
You'll work with a team of product managers, data scientists, growth marketers, and other cross-functional partners to hit our 10x user and revenue growth goals.
If you're an experienced product marketer and excited to roll up your sleeves to help us achieve our goals, we'd like to hear from you.
- You'll develop the teacher-facing product narrative to drive awareness and engagement. Define our value proposition, positioning and differentiated messaging and bring it to life across the lifecycle - this includes naming, new user experiences, product copy, and defining how all our products fit together with a cohesive message.
- You'll oversee the go-to-market strategy for new products and features that drives adoption and usage, defining the right channel mix to drive KPIs
- You'll conduct teacher market research to define segmentation and targeting strategy. Make strategic recommendations for how we can drive growth.
- You'll deeply understand teachers and how they interact with families and kids. Collect qual and quant feedback to influence product strategy and uplevel our marketing
- You'll partner with copy and design to develop compelling creative with strong storytelling that spans social, CRM, paid acquisition, landing pages, in-product experiences and more.
- You'll build measurable KPIs for all product marketing plans, adopting a test and learn philosophy to hit business objectives.
- You'll liaise with product management to support our vision by through the eyes of teachers and families
You will be a match if:
- You have at least 4 years of experience in product marketing
You might be a good fit if:
- You are an experienced product marketer with 7+ years of experience at a consumer brand
- You are a master at bringing new products to market, with a strong track record of crafting compelling positioning and messaging that drives product adoption
- You are a customer champion with experience driving market research and customer insights, both qual and quant
- You have excellent storytelling skills—you have a sense for narrative, and can create succinct, impactful messaging
- You have experience with segmentation, targeting and positioning
- You are highly collaborative, with proven ability to work across multiple teams and competing priorities simultaneously
- You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver and have a high-level of accountability and follow-through
- You move faster than is comfortable; an instigator
- You are highly empathetic
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo's 125m Metaverse Mission (Forbes)
ClassDojo is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. ClassDojo is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status. ClassDojo will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical and mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. In accordance with applicable local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.