ClassDojo's mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for an aspiring Operations Associate to help scale ClassDojo as we grow. The ideal candidate will be great at multitasking and juggling many projects at once. This role spans across many operational areas (legal, finance, physical office, etc.), so there is room to grow.
- Own all office responsibilities and ensure the office is operating smoothly including: maintaining and managing office policies, vendors and supplies; greeting visitors for meetings and interviews, ensuring proper COVID protocol is being followed (including daily symptom checking and mask-wearing), ensuring the office is clean, tidy, and prepared for external meetings.
- Partner with our people team to support new team member onboarding, including: facilitating contracting, purchasing and maintaining new equipment, managing accounts and access to tools, scheduling onboarding meetings, and managing systems and processes to streamline this
- Support the finance team with approving vendor invoices and employee reimbursements. Reclassify transactions as needed
- Support company community-building, both in-person and virtually, by finding ways to recognize employees (e.g., purchasing gifts, swag) and planning and executing company events and offsites
- Work with our Head of People Ops to build and improve operational systems and execute on high priority projects, such as IT software and hardware management, employee pulse surveys, and employee training
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 2-5 years of operations, HR, office management, or related experience at a quickly-scaling or 100 person + company
- You are curious and willing to jump in when there’s a need even if it’s outside of your role
- You have a strong ability to work independently and take initiative with ambiguity
- You have excellent communication skills and take appropriate discretion
- You are very familiar and comfortable with Google Suite
- You bring a strong holistic problem-solving ability and good strategic judgment
- You move faster than is comfortable; you raise the bar for speed of results
- You are a builder and doer, and roll up your sleeves to get it done
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.