ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love.We are doing this by first bringing together communities of teachers, children and families, and then giving them learning experiences their children love. ClassDojo is a consumer network, and is already serving communities at massive scale: last year we served 1 in 20 children in primary school in the world—50 million+ children—with a team of just 45. The communities we serve love and adore ClassDojo (see what they're saying); our Net Promoter Score is usually in the 70s and 80s.
ClassDojo’s CEO is looking for a resourceful Executive Assistant partner to help him achieve his goals. You’ll form a long-term partnership with the CEO, anticipating his needs, moving quickly and creatively problem-solving in order to create massive leverage for his time.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Drive business goals: quickly build a relationship of high trust and high candor with the CEO. Gain a holistic view of the CEO’s priorities and business goals, and help ensure he is consistently allocating his time and energy to the highest-leverage areas.
- Inbox Zero: you’ll run our CEO’s inbox, prioritize what’s important and what isn’t, and pre-draft responses for review / sending as appropriate.
- Calendar control: help prioritize our CEO’s time to ensure a focus on achieving key goals. This includes arranging meetings to deepen relationships with investors, candidates and team members, as well as with friends. You’ll also analyze the calendar to see where time can be better spent against key objectives.
- Booking experiences: you’ll proactively book appropriate travel for the CEO, as well as creating experiences like work and social dinners, or company events. You’ll proactively figure out the experiences our CEO and leadership team should be having, and make them happen.
- Build relationships: ensure the CEO is excelling at building and maintaining the right network of relationships.
- Special projects: you’ll figure out how to make seemingly impossible special projects happen.
What you’ll bring:
- Independent problem-solving ability: you bring structure to tough, ambiguous problems and solve them in creative ways, with little hand-holding.
- Good judgment and taste: you quickly understand the CEO’s style and preferences - even better than he might! - and demonstrate good judgment and taste in your decision-making.
- High emotional intelligence: You’ve built a long-term relationship with an executive before, with a high level of trust and candor. You’re used to anticipating needs and shifting priorities as needed.
- Systems thinking: experience setting up high leverage systems to solve problems, including established ones like Get Things Done, Inbox Zero and calendar audits.
- Communication ability: impeccable written and spoken communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills: you anticipate needs and think proactively about the right priorities, you finish first things first, you have strong attention-to-detail..
- Being proactive: you are a motivated self-starter - an instigator. You don’t wait for instructions: you think about how to help achieve goals, and you move faster than expected to do so. You are relentlessly resourceful.
- Continuous improvement mindset: you are intellectually curious, and can teach yourself what you need to know to deliver results.
ClassDojo's mission is to bring communities together, and help them create an education experience their children love. Founded in 2011 (ImagineK12 / Y Combinator) and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a communication app: a simple way for teachers, families, and children to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. It creates a close-knit classroom community, and exciting, inspiring and creative classrooms and homes for kids. We’re one of the fastest growing education companies of all time, used and loved by tens of millions of teachers, families and children in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire both locally in San Francisco, and distributed teammates around the world.
If you're excited about having an impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.