ClassDojo’s ultimate goal is to create an education system that gives every child on Earth an education they love. We are doing this by bringing together communities of teachers, children and families, and then helping them get learning experiences their children love. Last school year, we served over 40 million children—with a team of just 45.
As our New Business PM/lead, you’ll create and validate products reaching tens of millions of teachers, children and families, building a global consumer education business. You’ll grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: reach 100 million+ active families, and tens of millions in revenue, while deepening our brand love.
You’ll do this by rolling up your sleeves to discover opportunities for alternative revenue models, validate and invalidate these, and execute on one or more with the most promise. You’ll work closely with our founders, head of product, and other product teams to generate and test exciting ideas quickly and creatively. You work at both a strategic and tactical level, turning data, research, and intuition into products that people want and love to use. In the process, you optimize for rapid learning by exploring divergent prototypes, testing value and viability with users to converge to simple, elegant, validated prototypes and products.
Your work will identify and build new revenue lines, taking them from 0 to 1, drive growth, and should help further our mission to provide educational experiences kids and families love.
- Experience discovering and building new consumer products, achieving product-market fit
- Experience monetizing consumer products (ideally subscription products or marketplaces)
- Experience as a founder / equivalent level of accountability
- Strong grasp of product strategy
- Strong product intuition
- Experience conducting user research and developing strong user understanding via many methods
- Strong business skills, comfort with basic forecasting and managing of revenue, expenses, and general operations
- Strong quantitative skills and comfort with data and statistics, creating/refining hypotheses by exploring user data
- Works well in resource-constrained environments
- Structured problem-solving ability
- Good judgment and strong thought partner for head of product and CEO on product and revenue strategy
- Moves faster than is comfortable - an instigator
- Clear, concise written and spoken communication
- Strong follow-through
- Experience with brand
- Experience growing consumer products internationally
- Experience at a high quality culture tech company
ClassDojo's mission is to bring communities together, and help them create an education experience their children love. Founded in 2011 (ImagineK12 / Y Combinator) and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a communication app: a simple way for teachers, families, and children to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. It creates a close-knit classroom community, and exciting, inspiring and creative classrooms and homes for kids. We’re one of the fastest growing education companies of all time, used and loved by tens of millions of teachers, families and children in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to build a team with diverse backgrounds that reflect the children we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire locally in San Francisco, and we also hire distributed teammates around the world.
If you're excited about having an impact in education at massive scale, we'd love to hear from you.