ClassDojo's mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you'll do:
You’ll be responsible for growing ClassDojo from today's tens of millions of teachers, children and families, to 100 million+ active users. So far, ClassDojo has grown 100% organically; you’ll accelerate this by rapidly experimenting with new and existing product growth loops. You’ll be the product leader, embedded with a team of engineers, product designers, and other cross-functional partners. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from conception to launch to ongoing improvements, working at a strategic and tactical level to create products that teachers, parents, and students love.
- Maximize the growth of our active user base by creating and growing scalable loops
- Develop the team’s understanding of ClassDojo's growth model
- Contribute to our culture of customer-obsessed, fast-paced product development
You'll be involved in every aspect of growing ClassDojo to the next order of magnitude: you'll pick high-leverage strategies and tactics, and you'll turn data, research, and intuition into products and initiatives that people love, want and share.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have growth leadership: you have experience growing and optimizing consumer products, delivering growth-focused KPIs through non-ad acquisition strategies (communities, invitation and referral programs, etc). You've led cross-functional teams that do this.
- You have product growth knowledge: you have a strong understanding of growth models, strategies, and tactics. You know how to build compounding growth loops that fuel acquisition, activation, engagement and virality. You can easily translate insights from users and data into meaningful action, and know how to lead teams to get the strategies and tactics right. You can share several shining examples of real growth work you've done, and what you learned along the way.
- You have product sense: you have strong consumer product sense; you empathize with users and craft experiences that delight them while also achieving business goals. You have the ability to think at different levels of resolution: at a high level about good product strategy (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build’), all the way down to the specifics of a tactic, and its impact on the bottom line. You are quantitative and analytical, and you know which features can act as force multipliers on the company's business model. You contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the leadership team.
- You have strong communication skills: You are a clear, structured communicator, whether writing or speaking. You like sharing your work, even if it’s still in progress, to bring the team along. You have a sharp ambiguity filter, and are always seeking to clarify what is unclear for yourself and others.
- You have high standards for craftsmanship: You know that shipping doesn’t end after you release. You work with your teams to ensure a culture of continuous improvement, driven by qualitative and quantitative insights. You give and solicit feedback from teammates in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- You have strong analytical skills: You have strong quantitative skills, and create and refine hypotheses by exploring user data. You’re excited to iteratively improve metrics and you can write your own SQL to monitor product progress and opportunities.
- You have experience in designing, building, and shipping quality consumer apps across platforms
- You have experience growing, optimizing, and monetizing consumer products, delivering growth-focused KPIs through unpaid acquisition strategies
- You have strong understanding of growth models, strategies and tactics, including acquisition, activation, retention (engagement and stickiness) and virality
- You have 5+ years experience in growing consumer products across platforms and geographies
- You have strong quantitative skills and comfort with data and statistics, creating/refining hypotheses by exploring user data
- You have experience conducting user research and developing strong user understanding via many methods
- You work well in resource-constrained environments
- You have structured problem-solving ability
- You have good judgment and are a strong thought partner for executive team
- You want to move faster than is comfortable—an instigator
- You have clear, concise written and spoken communication
- Experience growing consumer products internationally
- > 7 years of professional experience
- Americas timezones
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.