ClassDojo’s vision is to create a modern education system that gives every child on Earth a 10x better learning experience than today’s. Our plan to do this is to bring communities of teachers, kids, and families together all over the world, and give those communities the power to improve education for their kids.
ClassDojo’s CEO is looking for an extraordinary Executive Assistant to help him achieve his goals. You’ll form a long-term partnership with the CEO, understanding their needs, and working creatively to give them massive leverage.
What you’ll do:
- Inbox zero: you’ll organize our CEO’s inbox, help him prioritize what is important and what isn’t, pre-draft email responses for review / sending as appropriate.
- Calendar control: help prioritize CEO’s time to ensure focus on achieving key goals. This includes proactively arranging meetings to deepen relationships with investors, candidates and team members, as well as with family and friends. You’ll also analyze the calendar to see where time can be better spent against key objectives.
- Booking travel and experiences: you’ll proactively book appropriate travel for the CEO, as well as arranging experiences like gifts on birthdays and organizing work and social dinners.
- Contact management: ensure CEO’s contact book is updated with relevant meeting notes and news.
- Hitting goals: quickly gain a holistic view of the CEO’s priorities and goals, and help to maximize his effectiveness by creatively solving problems and making plans happen.
What you'll bring:
- Creative problem-solving ability: you can take on tough, ambiguous problems and solve them in creative, resourceful ways with little hand-holding.
- Good judgment and taste: you quickly understanding the CEO’s style and preferences - even better than he might! - and demonstrate good judgment and taste in your decision-making.
- Experience with Get Things Done, inbox zero and calendar management practices, as well as a hunger to learn how to do these things better.
- Impeccable written and spoken communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills: you anticipate needs and think proactively about the right priorities, you finish first things first, you have intense attention-to-detail, and you follow-up to close open issues without being prompted.
- You are a motivated self-starter - an instigator. You don’t wait for instructions: you think about how to help achieve the CEO’s goals, and you move faster than expected to do so.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- GSuite fluency including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar
The position is a remote position.
ClassDojo’s mission is to bring communities together, and give them the tools, ideas and energy to change education for their kids. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a communication app giving teachers, children and families a way share everything happening through the school day through photos, videos, and messages. We’re one of the fastest growing education technology companies of all time, used and loved by tens of millions of teachers, parents and students in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180+ other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and charter schools, as well as from Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, Amazon, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
ClassDojo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. ClassDojo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by company policy.