ClassDojo’s ultimate goal is to create an education system that serves every child on Earth with a 10x better learning experience than today. Our plan to do this is to bring communities of teachers, kids, and families together all over the world, and give those communities the power to improve their classrooms.
As an early data scientist here, you'll collaborate closely with key stakeholders in product, engineering, design, and consumer insights, growing our user base and increasing user engagement. You'll have the opportunity to shape the company’s product direction and the data infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Partner with product managers, engineers, marketers, and designers to translate data insights into action.
- Identify opportunities for growth by designing and analyzing product experiments, then communicate results to stakeholders.
- Provide visibility on product goals using dashboards and analytical frameworks.
- Empower teammates with the skills and tools to make data-driven decisions.
- Be a key player in defining ClassDojo's direction -- this is your company to build!
Relevant skills / experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Ability to write structured and efficient SQL queries on large data sets.
- Experience with data pipelines: transforming raw production and external data into user-friendly tables.
- Experience designing AB/multivariate tests and drawing actionable conclusions.
- Experience in programming, especially with data science libraries in Python or R
- Ability to visualize and communicate insights to stakeholders.
ClassDojo’s mission is to bring communities together, and give them the tools, ideas and energy to change education for their kids. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo is a simple way for teachers, parents, and students to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. We’re one of the fastest growing education technology companies of all time, used and loved by millions of teachers, parents and students in 90% of K-8 schools in the US, and 180 other countries.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and charter schools, as well as from Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Airbnb, Amazon, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
Our mission at ClassDojo is to connect every classroom in the world. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs.