Clark is the leading technology platform made exclusively for tutoring businesses. Our tutor management software handles all of a business’ day-to-day activities, enabling them to provide more education to their communities with less work. We serve the $100B tutoring market by providing local tutoring businesses with a web platform that provides access to the technology, tools, and intel they need to grow and compete with major franchises. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop tutoring center could achieve with the resources of Huntington Learning Center or Kumon?
Clark was born in 2016 and raised a $3.7M seed round led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Rethink Education, Winklevoss Capital and Human Ventures. Clark appeared on (and won) Apple’s first show “Planet of the Apps.” We have a dedicated team of 13 awesome people you probably want to be friends with.
We’re looking for a skilled Sales Development Representative to be the first contact with our prospects— so if you’ve got a passion for education, future-of-work software, and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team!
- Perform a consistent strategy via phone, email and chat to follow-up, nurture and qualify prospects generated by marketing campaigns, lists, and other sources to hit demo goals
- Secure well-qualified product demonstrations for Account Executives
- Follow the established Clark pre-sales process and consistently use tools (such as Salesforce and Outreach) to document prospect interaction, ensuring efficient time management
- Work closely with Sales Team on key projects (Grassroots Marketing, Competitor Matrixes, Consumer Research) to optimize sales process
- Report on weekly results, both quantitative and qualitative using sales tools
- Become an expert in articulating our value proposition to customers that range in both size and education field
- Proficiency with Salesforce or Outreach.io a plus
- Cold calling and lead generating experience a plus
- Strong ability to learn new technology and ramp-up quickly
- Ability to work in high-energy sales team environment as a team player
- Personable and ability to work with others
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills and strong writing skills
- Quick and efficient with a computer
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Base salary for NYC startups PLUS uncapped commission
- Health, dental, and commuter benefits
- Stock options at an early-stage company
- Sunny office in Flatiron
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.