Clark is the leading technology platform made exclusively for tutoring businesses. Our tutor management software handles all of a business’ day-to-day activities, enabling them to provide more education to their communities with less work. We serve the $100B tutoring market by providing local tutoring businesses with a web platform that provides access to the technology, tools, and intel they need to grow and compete with major franchises. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop tutoring center could achieve with the resources of Princeton Review or Kumon?
Clark was born in 2016 and raised a $2.5M seed round + $1.5M extension led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Rethink Education, Winklevoss Capital and Human Ventures. Clark appeared on (and won) Apple’s first show “Planet of the Apps.” We have a dedicated team of 13 awesome people you probably want to be friends with.
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to be the first contact with our prospects— so if you’ve got a passion for education, future-of-work software, and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team!
- Perform a consistent process via phone, email and chat to follow-up, nurture and qualify leads generated by marketing campaigns, lists, and other sources to hit demo goals
- Prospect, educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Arrange well-qualified product demonstrations for Account Executives
- Follow the established Clark pre-sales process and consistently use tools to document prospect interaction, ensuring efficient lead management
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to metrics and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type
- Work closely with Sales Team on key projects (Grassroots Marketing, Competitor Matrixes, Consumer Research) to optimize sales process
- Report on weekly results, both quantitative and qualitative using Salesforce.com
- Become a Clark expert in articulating our value proposition to customers that range in both size and education field
- Prospect new business opportunities and introduce them to Clark through creative outreach techniques and cold calling
- Familiarity with cloud-based software services a plus
- Proficiency with Salesforce or Outreach.io a plus
- Cold calling and lead generating experience a plus
- Strong ability to learn new technology and ramp-up quickly
- Ability to work in high-energy sales team environment as a team player
- Personable and ability to work with others
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills and strong writing skills
- Quick and efficient with a computer
Salary & Benefits
- This is a 3-month contract-to-hire opportunity
- Competitive hourly rate for NYC startups
- Sunny office in Flatiron