At Clark (www.hiclark.com) our mission is to grow educators into entrepreneurs. There is a major disconnect in the United States between the value of educators in our communities and their salaries. We believe one of the best ways to improve student access to great educators while helping educators make ends meet is to grow the number of tutors on the market. We work with educators of all types to start and grow high quality, licensed tutoring businesses. We help you get started by assisting on business formation, insurance, setting pricing, marketing, website design, and access to our best-in-class business management platform. We also help match you with your first families to make sure you get off on a solid start.
We're currently focused on our home turf of the New York City/Tri-state area, with expansion into other areas available in 2019.
Clark is a venture-backed business with investments from Lightspeed Venture Partners and spun out of the Human Ventures Venture Studio in beautiful Flatiron, NYC.
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time Tutoring Business Director to start or grow a tutoring business within the Clark community. You will have a chance to work with our team of experts to build a stable foundation from which to launch a sustainable community business.
What You'll Receive From Clark
- We'll guide you on incorporation, business insurance, bank account setup, and other logistics, ensuring you set up your operations in the most streamlined and legally sound way.
- You'll get access to our best-in-class guides on tutoring practices, including how to run effective sessions, how to communicate with parents effectively, and how to focus on long-term outcomes.
- We'll give you the opportunity to verify your skills, display your credentials, and demonstrate your educational abilities, culminating in a personalized one-pager to provide to parents.
- We'll help you set up a website, create a logo, and pick a name for your business.
- You'll have access to hundreds of students in the Clark network, all of whom are looking for tutors in your area.
- You'll have full autonomy to set prices, session lengths, and run your business the way you want.
- You'll have access to our tutor management platform to process payments, schedule sessions, and communicate with parents all from a single interface.
- We'll introduce you to other tutors like you to ensure you have a cohort of like-minded educators to grow with.
- You'll have access to our team of trained tutoring experts, all of whom can help you when the going gets tough.
- Enthusiastic about education
- Ideally you have a past life in the classroom
- Committed to building long-term relationships with students of all ages
- Loves focusing on personalized outcomes
- Flexible, willing to work hard, and great at problem solving
- Fluent in English
- Access to a laptop, cellphone, and high-speed internet
- Willing to consent to a full background check
- Able to open a business bank account
- Comfortable opening your own home or a dedicated location for education
- Have experience as an educator or open to training from a Clark expert