Clark is the leading technology platform made exclusively for tutoring businesses. Our tutor management software handles all of a business’ day-to-day activities, enabling them to provide more education to their communities with less work. We serve the $100B tutoring market by providing local tutoring businesses with a web platform that provides access to the technology, tools, and intel they need to grow and compete with major franchises. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop tutoring center could achieve with the resources of Princeton Review or Kumon?
Clark was born in 2016 and raised a $2.5M seed round + $1.5M extention led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Rethink Education, Winklevoss Capital and Human Ventures. Clark appeared on (and won) Apple’s first show “Planet of the Apps.” We have a dedicated team of 9 awesome people you probably want to be friends with.
We’re looking for sales rockstar to be our sales lead — so if you’ve got a passion for education, future-of-work software, and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team!
About The Role
- Sell Clark’s services to local tutoring businesses nationwide.
- Improve on the sales funnel and processes already in place
- Oversee the day to day sales activities of the organization and work cross departmentally to hit those goals
- Be the “face” of Clark through the phone. You’re the first impression to a new tutoring business!
- Get a solid process in place and then be ready to manage account executives within 3-6 months that will work under your management
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to ensure our tutors are set up for success.
- Become a Clark expert, adopt product recommendations quickly to suit potential customer’s needs. Asking probing questions and objection handling will be critical to your success.
- Work closely with the Leadership and Marketing team to plan and execute on strategic initiatives and test programs.
- Achieve and exceed monthly sales goals
- Provide product feedback and new recommendations based on conversation and requests from owners
- Contribute a “play to win” mentality to the team, and come in everyday with a positive mental attitude.
- You’re eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced exciting startup environment
- You’re easily coachable and welcome feedback for continuous self-improvement
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent and persuasive
- You like to connect with people and craft narratives around their unique needs
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. Failure isn’t an option for you
- 3-4 years of sales experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to move quickly and adjust with all the nuances of a startup culture
- Self-starter and self-motivator. You can operate at 100% without direct instruction after training
- Proficient in Google Docs and Excel. Salesforce and Outreach.io is a plus
- Stellar time management skills with the ability to recognize and focus on high priority tasks