What do we do?
We empower governments to deliver exceptional citizen experiences.
Clariti is building technology to transform the way governments serve their citizens. We’ve seen thousands of challenges faced by public sector agencies that have to keep up with the ever-evolving regulatory environment as well as the rapidly changing needs of today’s and tomorrow’s citizens. We’ve witnessed the issues that come with outdated solutions that are difficult to maintain and support -- or, even worse -- paper-based processes that simply do not scale. This is what drives us to do what we do and disrupt the status quo.
You can learn more about our culture directly from our team here.
Clariti’s Commitment to ED&I
We’re here to level up government and citizen experiences; and we can’t do this without championing differences and leveraging unique strengths. At Clariti, we’re on a continuous learning journey as it relates to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion; it’s important to us that we continue to welcome people who are energized by our values and eager to effect positive change within our culture. We know that diversity is a strength and recognize that the unique backgrounds across our team help us make better decisions, result in more creative solutions, and ultimately lead us to stronger paths of success.
What will you work on?
Reporting to the co-CEO, the VP of Finance is taking ownership of Clariti’s core finance, accounting, and tax functions, including defining the finance function mandate and executing against it. This individual will be a key part of the leadership team in scaling the company through its growth phase. Responsibilities include:
- Providing financial leadership and strategic direction in developing and enhancing business and operational strategies within the organization
- Working across the company to direct and lead financial planning and budget management. Providing departments with timely, accurate, and reliable financial information to track performance and understand revenue and cost drivers.
- Preparing timely and insightful financial analysis and forecasts incorporating current data and meaningful benchmarks and targets in support of making business decisions;
- Maintaining continual awareness of the company’s financial position, cash flow, and financial performance and identifying ways to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities;
- Establishing departmental goals, policies and operating procedures, along with implementing new technologies for scaling the company’s financial capabilities;
- Managing all tax planning, compliance, regulatory and statutory reporting for all required: federal, province/state, local, and payroll taxes;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with auditors, counsel, bankers, lenders, and government agencies;
- Leading and supporting various corporate and business development initiatives including capital financing options, to support company growth
What you bring to the team
- 8+ years of experience in progressively more senior finance roles
- Experience leading and building financial strategies, processes, automation and rigour for a high growth SaaS company
- Deep experience in financial analysis and forecasting to drive long-term growth plans and business decision making
- Passion for leveraging technology to automate accounting and finance processes to support scale
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Don’t meet all the requirements? We’re all on a journey to learn constantly and have areas to develop. If you bring some of the above skills to the table and are still developing in others - APPLY ANYWAY! Learning and experience isn’t a one-way path, if you believe you have the background needed to make an impact in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
If you require accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in our hiring process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.