What do we do?
We empower governments to deliver exceptional citizen experiences.
Clariti is building technology to transform the way governments serve their citizens. We’ve seen thousands of challenges faced by public sector agencies that have to keep up with the ever-evolving regulatory environment as well as the rapidly changing needs of today’s and tomorrow’s citizens. We’ve witnessed the issues that come with outdated solutions that are difficult to maintain and support -- or, even worse -- paper-based processes that simply do not scale. This is what drives us to do what we do and disrupt the status quo.
You can learn more about our culture directly from our team here.
Clariti’s Commitment to ED&I
We’re here to level up government and citizen experiences; and we can’t do this without championing differences and leveraging unique strengths. At Clariti, we’re on a continuous learning journey as it relates to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion; it’s important to us that we continue to welcome people who are energized by our values and eager to effect positive change within our culture. We know that diversity is a strength and recognize that the unique backgrounds across our team help us make better decisions, result in more creative solutions, and ultimately lead us to stronger paths of success.
What will you work on?
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will lead all aspects of financial accounting including our receivables, payables, payroll, and tax, ensuring a reliable system of internal controls such as our month-end close and cash management, and supporting strong external relationships with bankers, auditors and other corporate service providers. As a trusted partner within the business and to the leadership team, you will ensure we’re setting and performing against our department budgets, while providing a value-added perspective on driving efficiency and growth. You will facilitate and take on the transition of bookkeeping, payables and/or payroll from our outsourced accounting firm to in-house, and as the business scales, help design, hire, and manage an accounting team to support you.
What you bring to the team
- 4 - 7 years experience in a corporate accounting role or equivalent with full-cycle accounting, receivables, payables, payroll, tax, and audit experience
- CPA in good standing with Bachelor of Commerce (accounting/finance specialization)
- Excitement and ability to develop processes, build frameworks and bring on new tools to enable the scalability of a fast-growing software company from start to finish (current tech-stack includes Plooto, Xero, Expensify and Dext)
- Passionate about developing financial reporting, performance KPIs, SaaS metrics, and following the latest market trends to hone your craft
- Self-starter and a constant learner, always looking to and deliver on opportunities for new value-add projects, improve on your work, and seek new knowledge / resources
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, and verbal) with a track record of collaborating cross-functionally and across levels of management
Don’t meet all the requirements? We’re all on a journey to learn constantly and have areas to develop. If you bring some of the above skills to the table and are still developing in others - APPLY ANYWAY! Learning and experience isn’t a one-way path, if you believe you have the background needed to make an impact in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
If you require accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in our hiring process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.