About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, LLM's and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States, Canada, Argentina, India and Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
You build the systems and services behind the Clarifai magic. Neural networks are data-hungry beasts, and you keep them well fed!
As a core team member building and improving our AI platform you will work with a variety of technologies (Python, Golang, C++, Postgres, Redshift, Docker, Redis, REST, AWS, and Kubernetes. Don't worry if you haven't used some of these, we will teach you anything you don't know!). Your work will enable customers and researchers to build production level ML/DL models at scale.
As a Senior Engineer, you collaborate with your colleagues on the backend team to set a technical vision for our AI systems, as well as train and mentor engineers to develop their skills and technical understanding. You architect our AI web services in addition to improving existing features, reliability, flexibility, and scalability as usage increases.
We are looking for someone comfortable in several programming languages and excited about building new features in Go and Python. You should care about software design and have built systems that other people love to use and work with, and have experience building and scaling distributed, highly-available systems.
- A minimum of 3+ year of backend software development experience (i.e. C++, Python, Java, Golang, C#, etc.)
- Understanding of microservices architecture and best practices
- Strong background in building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Past experience in building applications such as data pipelines, data caching/storage systems, and/or RPC services
- Experience with performance tuning
- Self driven, communicative, and fun to work with
- Agile experience
Great to Have
- Experience with Golang or Python is a huge plus
- Previous experience with developing machine learning infrastructure
- Deep understanding of any SQL/NoSQL DB.
- Experience working in a tech company/industry. AI experience is a plus.
- Experience working on a distributed team