Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses and developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition, and predicts more than 1.2 billion concepts in photos and videos every month. Clarifai’s powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Clarifai raised a $30 million Series B in 2016 led by Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, and Lux Capital. Existing investors include Google Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, NVIDIA Ventures, Corazon Capital, LDV Capital, Osage University Partners, and New York University.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
We are looking to hire an amazing Legal Counsel that hates over-lawyering, is an excellent communicator and loves to approach legal issues with positive solutions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Negotiating and drafting contracts with federal and commercial customers and partners.
- Guide Clarifai’s position, providing expert and strategic legal guidance on all matters impacting the sale organization.
- Prioritize legal knowledge sharing, mentorship and coaching with to the organization.
- Advise executives on standard and novel transactions related to sales, business development, marketing, customer success, finance, people, business operations, privacy and security.
- Operate autonomously to manage simultaneous contract negotiations, outside legal disputes and other legal matters assigned.
- Work closely with external legal teams.
What We Expect From You
- Significant in-house experience as a legal counsel responsible for owning government contracting and legal strategy
- Technology company experience is required.
- Ideally would have intimate knowledge of the government’s Federal Acquisition Requirements (FAR).
- Service-oriented approach to the position of in house counsel, approaching challenges and risks with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong ethics and integrity. You take accountability for your actions and for your team’s actions.
- Exceptional ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks based on evolving business needs.
- Substantive experience and a high level of proficiency with:
- Negotiating government/commercial/partner contracts
- Negotiating and drafting complex technology agreements
- Labor and employment-related matters and agreements
- General corporate law (equity understanding a plus)
- Intellectual Property, especially establishing and running a patent program
- Managing outside counsel and costs
- Planning and processes
- Negotiating rights and licenses to our customers’ or partners’ data
- Resourcefulness and ability to educate yourself on new areas of the law and keep up to date on ongoing changes in the law.
- Strong belief in our Core Values.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- State bar member in good standing