About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured $30M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As a Senior Engineer, you collaborate with your colleagues on the backend team to set a technical vision for our AI systems, as well as train and mentor engineers to develop their skills and technical understanding. You architect our AI web services in addition to improving existing features, reliability, flexibility, and scalability as usage increases.
We are looking for someone comfortable in several programming languages and excited about building new features in Go and Python. You should care about software design and have built systems that other people love to use and work with, and have experience building and scaling distributed, highly-available systems.
Our backend tech stack includes C++, Python, Go, Postgres, Docker, Redis, REST, AWS, and Kubernetes (but don't worry if you haven't used some of these- we will teach you anything you don't know!).
You build the systems and services behind the Clarifai magic. Neural networks are data-hungry beasts, and you keep them well fed!
- A minimum of 5 years backend software development experience
- You have experience working in a tech company/industry. AI experience is a plus.
- Must have 3+ years of experience with C++, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Cloud and Linux.
- Experience with GO or Python is a huge plus.
- Experience with performance tuning.
- Clarifai has lots of projects, experience in juggling multiple projects is highly preferred.
- Think fast! Move fast! We hope you thrive working in a fast pace environment.
- We prefer that you have experience working on a distributed team, but great communications skills and transparency will help everyone on the team.
- Agile experience.
- Eligibility to obtain security clearance is required.
In the first month, you’ll start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Get familiar with our code base (as well as the backend and infrastructure teams). We would like you to take this time to get comfortable working with what we’ve built and who has helped build it so far, and give us the feedback only a fresh perspective can bring.
- Learn about the distinctive challenges of machine learning systems using GPUs.
- Identify and resolve production bugs.
Within 3 months, you will have gained confidence in the code and will:
- Help to plan feature development, requirements, and our technical road map.
- Accelerate development of our machine learning API feature set.
- Improve user management and refining API permissions
- Build and measure benchmarking and stress test tools.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Measure and optimize of the customer facing custom training API service.
- Design, deploy and run web-scale distributed storage systems of various flavors, both relational (mysql, postgres) and nosql (redis, elasticsearch, etc.).
- Expand on quality assurance infrastructure and continuous deployment.
- Identify web security risks and write tools to improve security issues.
- Work closely and communicate with product managers on hiring and timelines.