Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses and developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition, and predicts more than 1.2 billion concepts in photos and videos every month. Clarifai’s powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Clarifai raised a $30 million Series B in 2016 led by Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, and Lux Capital. Existing investors include Google Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, NVIDIA Ventures, Corazon Capital, LDV Capital, Osage University Partners, and New York University.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As Clarifai’s Director of Marketing, you will provide extraordinary leadership and direction. You will also be responsible for all activities related to implementing market strategy and reaching measurable marketing targets for both our enterprise and self-service customers and prospects.
As our Director of Marketing, you will have the opportunity to set the mission, vision, and strategy of the marketing organization within Clarifai. You will develop and execute on the messaging, communications, and campaign strategy that will help drive the next phase of growth for Clarifai.
- Work closely with product management leadership to continue to hone in on current target market focus, explore additional markets, and establish a foundation for long term vision
- Define Clarifai’s messaging to key personas and influencers within target markets including economic buyer, technical buyer, end user,
- Own branding and messaging across all our marketing collateral (website, case studies, ads, email drips, social media channels, etc.) and communications
- Work with our PR agency to execute on building trust in and differentiating our brand vs. the competition.
- Scale the marketing team by continuing recruitment of top talent; structuring the team to align efficiently with the Product, Sales, and Demand Gen teams
- Define marketing KPIs, create and implement a top-of-the-funnel inbound marketing strategy and create dashboards to share progress with the leadership team and the company of Key Performance Indicators such as:
- Conversion rate
- Number of sales-qualified leads
- You have 5+ years of experience in marketing and/or similar role
- You have at least 3 B2B years experience managing multi-faceted marketing teams in a rapidly changing startup environment including the functions of content marketing, PR, demand generation and product marketing functions. You have demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and retaining a high-performing results driven team.
- Ideal experience in the areas of Enterprise Software, SaaS, and/or Machine Learning. You have experience marketing technical products/platforms to mix both the business buyer as well as fostering the community of developers.
- Must have previous Hubspot experience
- Must have lead scoring experience
- Strong understand and experience with ABM (Account Base Marketing)
- Has managed budgets for SEO/SEM
- A track record of creating, driving and executing a marketing strategy that resulted in substantial growth.
- You have a formula for continuously testing and refining your approach in support of demand generation and revenue growth. Measurable results are in your DNA.
- You love working across the organization and have a results-driven approach that values teamwork, calculated risks, timely execution, and quality delivery.
- An entrepreneurial “own the outcome” mindset with a disciplined approach to the establishment and prioritization of goals focus objectives, and target results
- Manage the production of marketing collateral
- Develop segmented marketing strategy focused on targeted end markets (public sector, consumer/retail, and others)