About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Lead small tactical teams comprised of field engineers, machine learning engineers, researchers, and data labellers to execute on key customer-facing deliverables
- You will innovate constantly, building out new algorithms, capabilities, and solutions within the computer vision space - you’ll be knee-deep in deep learning models and gathering advanced knowledge in this extremely exciting space
- You’ll be responsible for end-to-end client delivery from a technical perspective, ensuring customers are on-boarded smoothly and continue to work with Clarifai over the long-term
- Executive team meetings and updates will be routine for you, both at Clarifai and at our Clients. We only work on high-impact, high-visibility projects that drive Clarifai’s growth and our Clients’ success.
You will be joining the growing technical program management team at Clarifai, reporting to Scott Foster, the Lead Technical Program Manager. The role provides the opportunity to work for a growth-stage startup in an exciting technical area with high visibility and impact.
- You will lead project teams through influence, coordinating the activities of field engineers, software engineers, machine learning researchers, and product managers to create high-quality deliverables that meet customer demands.
- You will provide hands-on project management, cross-functional coordination, and external communications with customers to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- You'll manage program schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to key partners.
- You will take responsibility for customer deliverables, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Full project lifecycle responsibility starting after deal-signing and until operationalizing of the implemented solution.
What You Bring:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience as a technical program manager, product manager, or technical consultant, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented; Organized; Collaborative; Excellent communicator; Multi-tasker
- Proven successful program management outcomes from idea to launching programs in multiple contexts during career
- Ability to mix technical acumen with simple language to communicate message.
- Experience working with engineering and customers in enterprise software or related technical fields
- Experience as a software engineer and program/project manager
- Experience coding in Python
- Prior undergraduate or graduate coursework in machine learning or deep learning or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent GPA and standardized test scores
Weeks 1 and 2:
- Learn about the largest Clarifai customers that you will be managing
- Meet with internal and external partners.
- Start learning about Clarifai solutions from the customer perspective.
Weeks 3 and 4:
- Propose or revise project plans for meeting customer objectives.
- Gain acceptance for new/revised plans with internal and external partners.
Second month onwards:
- Assume day-to-day and end-to-end ownership of onboarding and solution implementation projects for the largest customers.