If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Are you who we're looking for?
Clair has an exciting opportunity within our Growth team. Over the last two years, we’ve secured exclusive partnerships with leading HR technology platforms that give us access to a user base of over 5.5 million employees. Now, we’re looking to hire our first Growth Hacker to focus on our company’s most critical priority, user acquisition.
Our ideal candidate is a jack of all trades who can wear multiple hats, which can include sales, marketing, customer success, product management, or design. You are an incredibly entrepreneurial person who can look at complexity and problems, and immediately come up with a few dozen ways that you could hack your way through them. You can spin up a makeshift referral program using some combination of no-code platforms and GSuite, turn yourself into a sales enablement coach to train our partners’ sales teams on how to sell Clair, and design a few banners while you’re mid-flight that you’ll pick up at the Kinko’s next to your hotel. (You probably won’t do all those things – but you are excited by the fact that you could potentially do all these things.)
While your role is an exciting one that allows you to experiment, you’ll also be responsible for setting and hitting user acquisition targets, working cross-functionally and collaboratively to create good experiences for our users, and ultimately identifying which hacks need to be scaled and which learnings should influence other teams within Clair, including our Sales and Product teams.
What will you do at Clair?
- Help Clair meet our growth goals by quickly spinning up and running different initiatives and programs and continuing to iterate on ongoing initiatives
- Set and exceed user acquisition goals both by running initiatives and coordinating different teams within Clair and our partners
- Convert successful “hacks” and initiatives to long-term distribution strategies
- Get creative and identify unconventional ways to spark growth with partners, such as assisting in product launches with "boots on the ground" support
- Leverage data (qualitative and quantitative) to help fine tune our partner experience and relationships
- Translate learnings into actionable changes that can be adopted throughout the company
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Prior experience (even if in an academic or extra-curricular setting) in at least four of the following areas: sales, marketing, product management, design, using no-code tools, data/analytics
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically to identify business opportunities
- Enjoys client-facing roles
- Strong program management and communication skills
- Ability to work within ambiguity and pivot quickly when priorities change
- Enjoys dealing with multiple teams in a cross-functional processes
- Strong ability to stay organized, while adapting and iterating (as the team is new and will be learning and changing)
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.