If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Clair has an exciting opportunity as we look to add our first full-time team member to the Compliance team. With all our growth, Clair is looking to grow its compliance function to ensure that Clair can maintain compliance with its internal compliance policies and procedures and applicable law and regulation.
As Clair’s first compliance hire, you will have the unique opportunity to enable Clair’s growth trajectory by ensuring that Clair is maintaining compliance across the organization. Reporting to the Chief of Staff and collaborating with Clair’s Chief Compliance Office, you will oversee and maintain all compliance operations throughout the company. You are responsible for executing Clair’s compliance management system and vendor management process and will represent Clair to key stakeholders (partners, investors, outside counsel, and more).
Internally, you will collaborate across the organization and be in constant communication with Clair’s leaders across Banking, Operations, Marketing, Partner Success, Product, and more. Externally, you will help represent Clair to our banking partners, clients, investors, auditors, regulators, and counsel. The ideal candidate aspires to grow with us and is willing to provide support to all areas of the business whenever needed.
What will you do at Clair?
- Monitor applicable law and regulation affecting Clair and assess the impact to the business
- Assist with the preparation of the company’s BSA risk assessment
- Assist with the training of the company’s employees on applicable laws and regulations affecting the company's business
- Manage the company’s required state licenses, including obtaining necessary information and material for filing required licenses and maintaining the renewal of the licenses
- Prepare the compliance committee agenda and compliance committee meeting minutes
- Revise, as necessary, the company’s policies, procedures, and guidelines to make them consistent with applicable law and regulation
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s compliance risk assessment
- Assist with the review of marketing material and other customer communications for compliance with applicable law
- Monitor consumer complaints for regulatory concerns and trends; prepares complaint trend analysis
- Maintain company’s vendor management program, including performing initial due diligence, reviewing, and assessing the vendors, and assessing the risk of the vendor relationship with the company
- Perform monitoring and testing of the company’s compliance with applicable law and regulation
- Serve as point of contact across the company’s external audits, providing partners and regulators with requested information
- Assist with other business requirements, as needed
- 3–5 years broad experience as a consumer compliance officer in a major financial institution or recent law school graduate
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, complex environment with the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, meeting all deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn; proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast paced environment; takes initiative and can work independently
- Tech savvy and proficient with MS Office/Google Workspace; strong Excel skills are required
- Demonstrated integrity and judgement at all times
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.