If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Product Owner to assist in the strategy for Clair's On-Demand Pay product to give hourly workers access to their money immediately after they work. You will translate ideas into features and drive product development conception/design to delivery/validation. Together with our product team, engineers, designers, customer care, and analytics team, you will discover issues faced by our customers, business opportunities and develop roadmaps that will make us deliver on our mission: make hourly workers financially free.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and driven learner and a reliable problem-solver. You are passionate about understanding users, data-driven decision making, and enjoy designing product features with a strong intuition for hypothesis driven experimentation.
- Work with the Banking Product manager on Clair’s flagship On-Demand Pay product
- Partner with our Analytics team to deliver ongoing improvements to On-Demand Pay capabilities with the goal of making more money available to hourly workers in real-time
- Identify opportunities to incentivize positive user behaviors through gamification of financial services experiences
- Lead curation of and execution on near and long-term product roadmap
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration to increase the team velocity
- Collaborate in team environments but also able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- Ability to quickly validate learning using different methods in order to increase feature success rate
- Innovative mindset to explore unique ways to drive forward daily customer adoption of Clair’s On-Demand Pay product
- Ability to work with product, design, analytics and engineering teams on complex problems
- Proficiency with data-driven decision making and hands-on manipulation, analysis, and interpretation of data
Required Experience/ Qualifications:
- 2 years of product management experience
- Experience at a fast-growing startup in a cross-functional environment
- B.S. in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related field
- Be mission oriented and put the customer’s problems first
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Curiosity to dig deep into complex systems and problems and develop innovative solutions
- Strong analytical skills with hands-on demonstrated experience delivering insights, strategic output, and/or product improvements through data
- High degree of creativity, empathy, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.