If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Are you who we're looking for?
As a Senior UX Designer at Clair, you will be joining a small and quickly growing team of designers who are passionate about bringing financial security to underserved communities. Your work will be cross-functional and your impact will be felt across our company. Our product offering is still new and ripe for innovation - are you ready to take it to the next level with us?
- Using Design Thinking methods to analyze complex problems to come up with innovative solutions.
- Building empathy for our users through close collaboration on user research.
- Engaging directly with users to understand their needs, and striving to understand how your work impacts them through user-testing.
- Creating UX artifacts including site maps, information architecture & user journeys.
- Delivering design work including sketches, wireframes, prototypes, & high fidelity designs that all lead to a highly intuitive user experience.
- Ensuring that brand and quality standards are met.
- Designing high-quality, thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics and usability.
- Contributing to our growing design system.
- Coming up with ambitious ideas and testing them out.
- Taking ownership of your product area and being accountable for delivering work on-time.
- Articulating your design vision to cross-functional partners with exceptional clarity.
- Bringing knowledge about accessibility and the impact of inclusive design on a community.
- Effectively communicate with developers to implement and realize the design vision.
- Getting to know the world of finance technology (and making it better!)
Who will succeed at Clair?
- 5 to 10 years of experience in UX Design.
- Can show a portfolio of mobile design case studies.
- Has worked in a start-up or high growth team and understands the importance of creating process and structure.
- Is familiar with design tools and technologies including Figma, Miro, Sketch and/or Jira.
- Asks thought-provoking questions before diving into execution.
- Thrives in a collaborative, diverse work environment.
- Takes pride in owning their work and delivers on schedule.
- Challenges themselves to pick up new skills and workflows.
- Understands UI/UX best practices.
- Wants to be in a hands-on designer role.
- Enjoys working in a fast and quickly-evolving environment.
- Is excited to have a social impact in their work.
- Can travel to NYC to collaborate with Product and Technology teams.
- Has US work authorization.
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.