If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them an app that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
We welcome people who add a new set of experiences to our melting pot of backgrounds. We're 30-ish, spread across multiple states, hailing from various countries. We've got grandparents working alongside recent graduates, Americans partnering with immigrants, and self-taught coders debating with Ivy League graduates. We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are backed by investors who are not only well-renowned in their fields, but are also great partners for us. We've raised $19.5 million from Thrive Capital, Upfront Ventures, Founder Collective, and Walkabout VC, as well as many individual investors like Michael Vaughan (Former COO of Venmo) and Paul Appelbaum (Founder of Seamless).
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Are you who we're looking for?
We are looking for an experienced, high-performing, team-focused QA Engineer who will join our growing QA team to test the capabilities and scalability of our next-generation digital banking mobile app.
As a key member of the Clair QA team you will be testing a world-class financial services platform that will serve the needs of thousands of hourly-paid consumers. You should be comfortable working within Agile technical teams, mobile/web applications, and be able to understand the principles behind API design, platform scalability, and QA testing experience. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with 3+ years of QA testing experience with mobile apps, Selenium, PostgreSQL, and Java scaled platform team is ideal.
What will you do at Clair?
- To be engaged in the manual testing efforts in each sprint
- To actively document new findings, bugs, and edge cases within the user flows
- To report directly to the lead QA, and produce a daily test report at the end of each day
- Must be willing to communicate effectively, remain on Slack during work hours, and attend meetings that encourage collaboration and discussion
- Team-oriented person who is very organized and dedicating to being hands-on with the Clair app
- Work with various Development, Business and Product teams to gather/confirm requirements, functional design, and internal design specifications
- Work with developers and support teams to resolve defects and environment issue
Does this describe you?
We're looking for experience with:
- 3+ years of previous testing experience is required
- Experience testing mobile & web applications
- Write and execute test cases using the STLC and solid knowledge of all phases of SDLC
- Execute end-to-end testing of the application, and interpret test data & results
- Own manual testing on a sprint by sprint basis
- Actively practice TDD with every task, to be directly integrated into our CD pipeline
- Assist the support team with issue investigation to identify platform issues and provide a plan of action to resolve them
- Attend daily standups with the tech team, participate in planning meetings, and provide documentation as needed on specific elements
- Extensive experience in Software Testing domain including testing, project planning, and estimation
- Solid knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, procedures, and testing techniques
- Experience working in Agile software development groups
- Experience with Appium Studio, Xcode, Android Studio
- Working in TDD environment
- Tools - JIRA, Testrail, Postman, JMeter
- Database - PostgreSQL
- Automation - Selenium, Appium, Xcode, Android Studio
Things we consider a plus:
- Experience testing financial systems with a sound understanding of the industry
- Experience with object-oriented automation test frameworks and converting manual test cases to automated test suites
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, Cucumber, Gherkin syntax, Github)
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Telehealth & medical concierge services with OneMedical
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home setup allowance
- Citibike membership for NY-based employees
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.